Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • SE Scotland MAM(AL)ILs – another ride?
  • druidh
    Free Member

Two fairly fun and successful road rides over the last couple of weeks and I wondered if anyone else wanted to keep the momentum up. While I’m still looking at the potential for slightly shorter evening rides, how about another Saturday or Sunday?

I’m thinking that May 8th is far enough off to get things arranged, isn’t a Bank Holiday weekend and was the date originally suggested by Lardlover for a Northern STW MAMILs meet anyway.

Somewhere around the 130-160km range in the Borders this time?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

[ignorance]

What’s a MAMAL/MAMIL?

[/ignorance]

I’m keen. DGOAB suggested a tasty-looking route in the other thread.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Two fairly fun and successfu…

Only fairly? What would make them completely?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You moved over to the darkside permanently Druidh? Not coming out on the Wednesday night rides no more? Addicted to your lycra? When are you coming out?

druidh
    Free Member

Middle
    Aged
    Men
    (And
    Ladies)
    In
    Lycra

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

*stamps foot at the middle age reference* when did 31 become middle aged?! Evening rides…ah, this explains the cafe thread?!

I’m keen too, 8 may fine for me..will help with last minute training for the road race on the 15th 😀

Stuart, of course the route was tasty….it was me who suggested it afterall 8)

stuartie_c
    Free Member

OK – I’m in.

You’re only middle-aged once.

druidh
    Free Member

stuartie_c – Member
    > Two fairly fun and successfu…
    Only fairly? What would make them completely?

A lack of stray, over-dressed Mexicans?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Aye OK – touché.

😳

druidh
    Free Member

😆

kennyp
    Free Member

I’m supposed to be away camping with Mrs Kenny that weekend, but if there’s a drop of rain or a single midge appears it’ll be cancelled, so I’m a maybe.

kennyp
    Free Member

And speaking of middle aged men in lycra, have you got a new load of Gore stuff in the shop yet? I’m looking for some 3/4 bibs.

druidh
    Free Member

Some new Gore in, but not a massive amount. Spring range is slow to come in. Contest 3/4 bibtights are available to order if you let us know what size sir requires?

Considered De Marchi too?

druidh
    Free Member

Dayshift bump.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Sounds good IF…there is a second slower and shorter route group.

ojom
    Free Member

Should be in for this. Slower group for me due to lack of fitness. Paul- wingman?

kennyp
    Free Member

Some new Gore in, but not a massive amount. Spring range is slow to come in. Contest 3/4 bibtights are available to order if you let us know what size sir requires?

Considered De Marchi too?

It was more the Gore Oxygen WS ones I had my covetous eyes on. Can you order those in?

I’m a bit of a Gore-aholic when it comes to bikewear, so hadn’t really thought about anything else. I aspire to being an Assos-aholic but don’t quite have the bank balance!!

hilldodger
    Free Member

MAMILS are sooo last year, it’s all about MAMBAS for 2011 😉

M iddle
    A ged
    M en
    (in)
    B ody
    A rmour

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’d be up for that. What route do you have in mind?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

TBC: You can be my wingman any time.
    PG: Bullshit! You can be mine!

😳
    appologies for the Top Gun quote…

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I’m in for sure but was thinking on arranging an Arran circular in the interim if anyone fancies that?

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Sounds good, but may need to be the shorter Top Gun group for me, 160km is a bit far for me at present i would think.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i’m game for arran but depends when – kinross sportive takes up easter sat and sunday recovering by eating easter eggs* 😡

i have the start of a nice tan after the last ride (in comparision to the grit/water i inhaled/is still on my bike after the first ride!)

*unless i can catch Stuart and draft him all the way round 😛

druidh
    Free Member

I’d love the Arran ride but no way I can do it before then. I had already penciled it in for later this year, so will get around to it in my own time if I miss this one.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

There’s also the Grantown – Lecht – Corgarff – Crathie – Ballater – Dinnet – Strathdon – Corgarff – Lecht – Grantown route I have in mind. Some proper BASTARD climbs on that one.

Maybe later in the summer…

mustard
    Free Member

I’m joining DGOAB in the foot stomping but I’m still in; better be now I’ve commited to buying some carbon and gears 😯

Although I think I’ve got a party the night before so might have to play gooseberry to the Top Gun boys and their homoerotic fantasies 😆

mustard
    Free Member

stuartie – is that the Snow Roads Audax route? Was looking at that yesterday; it looks interesting to say the least!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Lordy! 😯

Just had a look at it Andy. The ride I’m talking about is a mere trifle in comparison. Maybe leave that ’til much later in the summer.

What bike you going for?

mustard
    Free Member

Cube Agree GTC Race – it’s shiny!!!

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Mustard, the more the merrier. We need a few more anyway for the mid ride topless volley ball game! 😀

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

next it will be white carbon shoes and the razor will be coming out… 😆

ojom
    Free Member
    PaulGillespie
    Free Member

NIce!!! 😆

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

The Snow Roads Audax is the best route you will find anywhere. I have done it twice now and intend to do it again this year.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I assume you mean twice within 24 hours?

😉

mustard
    Free Member

I’m worried radogair will be brandishing a razor next time!

Big Lols @ Paul & Mark!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Am I old enough for this crap?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I’m worried radogair will be brandishing a razor next time!

your new bike will keep him distracted…failing that, i could have proper tears* next time?

*i shouldn’t joke, there’s only so much “get on his wheel” comments a girl can take from her (very kind) domestique 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Stuartie_C – funny you should say that. It had been considered, but grim weather on the day put kibosh on that.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

whats the average speed like on these rides?

currently got borked ribs and fractured elbow but hopefully be back on the bike within a month.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘SE Scotland MAM(AL)ILs – another ride?’ is closed to new replies.