Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • SDW to eastbourne to see the airshow
  • muggomagic

Is there a good place to view the airshow from the downs or beachy head? Or should I just head for the beach?

nuke

I did this on Friday (Cycled out from Brighton to start at Devils Dyke)…I actually forgot the airshow was on until found it online the night before.

First sight I got of an aircraft was when I was in this little valley on a farm road between wheat fields and this single Spitfire just went across…could have been 1940. Was on the very top when 2 spitfires and a Lancaster grouped to fly in and skimmed over me…unforgetable sight.

TBH I only really started to see the airplanes properly when I was pretty close to the finish though and would say it was best to be in town. Very busy though and dragging the bike through the crowds was diffcult. Good display by an orange and black F-16 though.

Have a great day 😀

wait4me

The end of the Downs just before you hit the seafront is a pretty good spot to watch. Basically head towards Beachy Head and then point towards the seafront. Quite popular there but nowhere near the crowds of the Prom.

You'll be above a lot of the action which is quite cool, and the Red Arrows will be feet above your head at some points.

Have fun and hopefully the sun will come out as it's still fairly cloudy at present.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘SDW to eastbourne to see the airshow’ is closed to new replies.