Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SDG I-Beam Seatpost. Rubbish design or just me?
  • toaster93
    Free Member

Right, i’ve just been messing around with the bike (as you do) and have noticed a crack running along the back of my seatpost measuring roughly 30mm in size. I’ve had the seatpost for just over a year and am pretty miffed off to say the least. It has never been crashed or had a particularly hard life (I only weigh eight and a bit stone).

So anyway I thought I would seek the advice of you guys and ask if any of you have experienced the same problem? and if there is anything I can do about it?

(Crappy phone pic)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IIRC a load of folk have had this – try a search on here

tazzymtb

the earlier versions seemed to be quite prone to it. The later versions had a deeper insert that sorted it out. I’ve got two of the newer ones and have had no problems at all, although guys I ride with killed their older versions in the same way as yours

bagpuss
    Free Member

And you’ll find there’s a fair few who’ve not. I had an i-beam on my bike for years prior to getting a Control Post* and never had any problems with it. I’m around 15st and clumsy as on a bike.

I’d drop a line to the importer and see what they say. I certainly wouldn’t use it.

*Well aware that this isn’t regarded as any good either but mine’s been fine for 8 months.

highclimber
    Free Member

Just over a year – I would send back to the place you bought it from as faulty. let them be the judge.

toaster93
    Free Member

I bought it from chainreaction along with the I-fly seat. Just my luck I didn’t notice it before it reached 12 months old! 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SDG I-Beam Seatpost. Rubbish design or just me?’ is closed to new replies.