Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Scumbag with no morals
  • hora
    Free Member

Ive had it done to me twice. What would I do? I wouldnt want the hassle but I would do the right thing. I rear ended an Asian male driver once (steady binners!). He got out, saw the minor damage shrugged then drove off.

bigben69
    Free Member

I agree with Coyote,.. what a stupid comment!!

I know someone no names mentioned that hit a parked car while reversing out,..
    he cault the rear bumper so was very very minor damage.

He saw that someone saw him do it.

The guy who saw him do it said i`m a witness that you hit the car i hope you will leave your details on the car you hit.
    My mate said yeah no problem,.. wrote a note and left it on the windowscreen wiper while the guy was watching…
    The note said im very sorry i hit your car this afternoon,.. someone saw me do, as im writing this note hes watching me,…
    Just thought i`d let you know i not gonna leave my details but the guy thinks i am,…
    I know its a bit out of order but i did see the funny side when he told me,… 😀

Aristotle
    Free Member

hora – Member
    I rear ended an Asian male driver once

Is his ethnicity relevant to your failure to drive properly?

I don’t suppose that a Noddy car would do much damage though.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i came back to my vw t5 the other week and as i’m walking up the road noticed a car in the space behind at an amazing angle, pretty much 45deg, super tight up to my van an lo’ the corner of my bumper was totally pushed in.

it was a wreck of a car, mud all over, and you could clearly see where their bumper (both sides were totally scraped so obviously had a prob with the front end when manoevering) had a fresh scrape through the mud and same mud all over my bumper.

seriously though the car was so badly parked i thought it was a drunk driver. anyhow i waited and an older lady (mid to late 60s) eventually returned, who not only swore blind it was not her with the best bit being that as she was a christian it must be true what she said as she ‘went to church.’

what can you do? the police would want witesses and at that stage the insurance co would have to be notified, and i’m still suffering from being hit by a bus and the driver blatantly lying to cover his ass. and of course you could see the woman was clearly insane!

amedias
    Free Member

Aristotle does have a point though, we are too precious about our (everyday, not classics or proper posh stuff) cars in this country, that doesn’t make it right to damage other peoples property and then bugger off, but don’t you think it is just a little bit bizarre that a lot of people spend *many* thousands of pounds on something that they then leave parked in public places with lots of other large moving (and often pointy) objects…

I’m probably quite biased as none of my cars are ever worth more than a couple of K, and a scratch or dent or two won’t harm their resale value, and I tend to keep them until they’re dead anyway (current 2 are 21 and 14 years old respectively), I don’t really care if a new scratch or bump appears as long as it’s not massive and doesn’t need mechanical attention.

But even though my cars are normally tatty I still take care not to drive into other peoples 😉

bentudder

My lovely 205 GTi got its rear indicator cluster bashed in in a car park in Dartmouth years ago. Some kind soul left a note on the windscreen explaining it was a VW camper van and giving the reg number. They didn’t leave their name. The helpful bobby at the station across the road said it wasn’t enough evidence without the witness’ details. That sucked.
    Finding a new cluster in a scrap yard for £3 and fixing it myself was satisfying, though. I kept the reg to hand for a few years in case I saw a camper van in the hope of repaying the favour. No joy. 🙁

fizzicist
    Free Member

Scumbag does bad things to an undeserving person but leaves them powerless to react….hmmmm….where was George Osborne at the time of the incident?

takisawa2

Happened to an ex’s parents, & their week old Golf. 4×4 swung into a bay taking out their rear quarter, both doors & wing. Left the car at almost 45degrees to straight. And they just drove off sharpish. Witness gave details but fuzz couldn’t have cared less.

Annoying as it is its just life. And it’s just a car. Walking around all pent up with rage does you no favours. Move on. Focus on something betterer.

molgrips
    Free Member

but don’t you think it is just a little bit bizarre that a lot of people spend *many* thousands of pounds on something that they then leave parked in public places

Well they cost thousands of pounds for mechanical not cosmetic reasons, and it’s kind of hard not to leave them in car parks isn’t it?

It’s not the actual damage that’s the issue, in minor cases – after all we get stone chips and shrug it off – it’s the fact that someone else is responsible yet has ducked their responsibility. That’s what makes it bad.

My wife reversed into a very old knackered car in a car park once. She was distraught. We really couldn’t tell if any of the bumps and scrapes on the car were ours or not – we couldn’t even tell if the car was abandoned or not. We still left details.. and nothing came of it either.

Junkyard
    Free Member

done it thrice where i have hit a car and then left my details/sorted it. Never driven off and have once been hit by a car towball in my door once – oddly at work and we watched the colleague do it, get out , inspect and then drive off without doing anything. they then denied it the next day. I pointed out how many had seen it and just said I would leave it as office gossip that they were the kind of person who lied and did this. It was a knackered car anyway

First one turned out to be a mates new car[ did not know it was his] and I paid to fix the scratch on his new car door- I think he may have chinned someone else for this tbh and killed me had I been seen.

Second time guy said let me walk round my car – he then asked where i hit and he said nah cannot see anything we drove off

Third time some teenage lad tried to get £100 or a tiny bump that left no mark on a knackered old beat up piece of crap- loads of dings and scrapes. I laughed offered him a tenner he refused. I walked off he took the tenner- i was seen doing this by a neighbour and I think i would have left as there was no damage at all and it was a total shed.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Scumbag with no morals’ is closed to new replies.