Scum

Home Forum Chat Forum Scum

• This topic has 101 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by  DezB.
Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Scum
  • Jamie

Poor splelling any grammar as on cheapo tablet

You want to get yourself to a better pharmacy.

m0rk

DezB – was that on the RUP up to the back of Charlton from New Barn Lane?

posiwev

As previously stated it is the responsibilty of the waste (of whatever type ) generator to ensure the waste is desposed of legally.
    If your employing someone to do this on your behalf, you need to ensured they’re licenced to do so – ask for a copy of it?
    Then once they’ve deposed of it legally they’ve have a waste transfer note, get a copy of this also – without these YOU’LL be liable ….!

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

DezB – was that on the RUP up to the back of Charlton from New Barn Lane?

I think it was Green Lane by the cottage? Might’ve been though… why? is it a regular thing?

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

its a probkem round rivvy couches, fridges and general shite.

Which is odd as most councils (IME) do kerbside pickups of old white goods etc

m0rk

Ahh, I know where you are. Only a few minutes from my house too.

Charlton is a regular dumping ground as well, similar crap dumped too

Premier Icon simmy
    Subscriber

There’s regular fly tipping spots round my local trails just outside Bolton, they have been like that for years.

Just inside neighbouring Wigan councils area on one of my regular rides, they have put a big gate up and it’s locked permently. They had a massive problem in that location and tried CCTV etc but they just came along on false plates and couldn’t be traced.

The gate is a bit of a PITA for the 2 houses on that back road, but at least they can get in and out now without coming round the bend and crashing into a dumped Fridge / Sofa.

johndoh

You’re suggesting that it’s grammatically incorrect to begin a sentence with and, right?

Nope, it’s perfectly acceptable.

CountZero

I see all sorts of crap dumped around North Wilts, old PC’s, sofas, lots of tree cuttings…
    One of the oddest was a huge pile, possibly fifteen or twenty, of those great big orange gas cylinders, by the side of the Ridgeway, must have been a couple of hundred metres from the nearest road.
    Why dump those? Surely they at least carry a deposit, or can be returned and exchanged for full ones?
    The logic behind dumping a large pile of steel with at least a decent scrap value escapes me.
    And who would be most likely to be dumping four foot long gas cylinders?

cbike

Its not just southern.

Any quiet lane or dead end will have stuff dumped in it. Or a street in Glasgow. Govanhill had a tyre dumper recently. Not exactly off the beaten path.

The Highlands are also becoming a shit tip as well. Seen glen etive recently? Make ye greet.

dannyh

Fly tipping is a disgraceful thing – no excuses, but there are reasons.

1) Punitive charges for trade people disposing of stuff.

2) Lack of facilities for disposing of some things.

The second point is interesting in terms of getting rid of paint or even paint cans. I was told at my local (large and seemingly very strictly run) tip that there was only one place in the county where you could dispose of paint (an hour round trip).

Being a responsible person I just took the paint back and it is lingering in the shed, but I seriously considered just putting it in something else and taking it back to the tip. A lot of people would have just tipped it down the drain – so I can see where a lot of the issues arise……

However, just dumping it by the roadside is not on!

allthepies

dannyh wrote:

The second point is interesting in terms of getting rid of paint or even paint cans. I was told at my local (large and seemingly very strictly run) tip that there was only one place in the county where you could dispose of paint (an hour round trip).

I took a load of old paint tins, some empty, some partially used, to my local recycling centre. I asked the guys there where they wanted the paint putting, expecting either a refusal or a specific area for the tins. They just told me to put them into the “general” bin i.e. landfill.

olddog

That seems a bit overly harsh. Certainly not a problem in Leeds, they take paint at all the recycling centres.

In fact the only thing I can’t find anyone to take is a French butane cylinder I no longer need.

dannyh

That seems a bit overly harsh.

It was!

But your post highlights another issue – if paint and paint tins are so horrendously damaging to the environment, why are local councils allowed to have different rules to each other? Surely there should be some diktat from above if they are so bad?

Premier Icon 40mpg
    Subscriber

Liquid paint containing organic solvents is a real problem to dispose of – as the tip said, there’s only a few places can deal with it.

However, leave the lid off so it dries, and it can go in general waste. Of course, all the chemicals are in the atmosphere by this point 🙄

Edit – if you’ve got much left, there are re-use centres who collect it and distribute to charities/needy. Sometimes the tips do this too.

olddog

Liquid paint containing organic solvents is a real problem to dispose of – as the tip said, there’s only a few places can deal with it.

But I think Dannyh’s point is valid – if it is a problem then I’d have thought it’s something all councils should deal with. It’s not exactly unusual waste. If the council want to promote responsible behaviour then making it easier for resident has to be part of the deal. Having a drop of point at the tip, then the council takes collected paint tins etc to the disposal point has to be a winner?

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

but there are reasons.

Only 1 I can think of: Being SCUM.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

And I just watched my local flytippers drop off another load onto the just-recently-cleared space where their last load was.

Except this time I was quick enough to run down and get their license plate as they drove off 😈

Premier Icon gofasterstripes
    Subscriber

Nice one. Phone the police right now with the plate.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

I called the council, as they had details of the previous tipping.
    They have their own guys who go through and investigate it and involve the police once they accumulate decent evidence.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

Update

Council guy came out to have a word and take a witness statement.

Apparently the guy is very well known to him. He runs a bogus waste disposal company out of a fake address, strips out anything of value from the waste, then just flytips the rest. 👿

Council guy: “Don’t worry. He is on my hitlist. I just need to gather enough evidence to do him” 😀

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Good stuff. Scum must pay.

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Scum’ is closed to new replies.