Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Scruffy dirty lazy litter dropping beggars
  • spev

Why can’t anyone pick up or take home their crap? If I ride my local trail’s at Clyne and Gower I end up picking up litter as I go. Today I go to Glyncorrwg to do Whites and find some lazy feckless shite has hung a punctured tube on a tree at the top of the climb. You’ve carried a tube with you (i’m assuming you swapped it out) why can’t you carry it back? And repair it you wasteful turd.

Litter on natural stuff I just assume it’s feckless scum but an inner tube on a built trail points at a biker who should know better. Frankly if your not able to tidy up after you then just **** off.

It really makes my blood boil (if you hadn’t noticed)

and its not the first time i’ve found tubes up there either

7hz
    Free Member

Littering is horrible and yes it annoys me and really upsets friends of mine.

Regarding the tubes, give them the benefit of the doubt and presume they just forgot to take the tube with them after they had changed it out.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Free inner tubes yay!

I pick up litter too.

loddrik
    Free Member

Empty plastic drinks bottles are a pet hate, surely takes no more effort to put it back in your back that throw it on the ground..?

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

people who drop litter just havn’t been brought up very well and judging by the ammount of it in our streets, thats quite a few people.

I think some really severe punishments should be dished out for dropping rubish on the floor, like on the spot non-lethal electric shocks, for example.

Rich
    Free Member

Non-lethal? Boo! 😉

i totally agree, especially with the bit about if you can carry it in you can carry out. Lazy skrozzers! One of the places I ride (swine flu forest) has some fun ok bits popular with the younger ‘freeride crew’

I get on with them pretty well and some of them are great little rippers, but they are lucky enough to have access to their own fun trails locally and then they leave there scummy monster tins, choc wrappers and all sorts of shit before!!!! I keep on at them but they need to learn some respect! It real gets my goat as well! When I was a young rider we had our own local trails (Wiswell woods if any of you have ever been before it got felled!) And we could almost build what we liked! We had parties and fire etc (beers etc as you do when your 17) but we always, always took our crap home and bolloxed anyone who left it!!!

String em up I say!!!

spev

i’d like to give them the benefit but when I find a tube thrown away from the trail or thrown high up into the tree’s I find it hard. still, i’ve been to sleep and i’ve calmed down now 🙂

stooo
    Free Member

Loads of littering up on the top fire road at Innerleithen this weekend after the uplift. I know Tally has requested more bins etc from the forestry to try and help – but really… why can’t riders take the crap down the hill with them.

Especially DH riders? They’ve not even got to pedal the crap up and around a trail!

That said – XC riders can be just as bad, always see energy gel wrappers scattering the trails

Disgusting.

robgarrioch

A constant problem here in the Pentlands, but rarely due to bikers, more often than not bloody schoolies that have simply no concept of clearing up after themselves (only interested in substance abuse, obviously). Just walking yesterday in the rain, carried down various instant bbq’s, plastic bags & bottles, + a sleeping bag blocking up a burn… Going to be taking a couple of bin bags along every time I’m up in daylight, I think.

allthepies
    Free Member

Followed part of the course of an offroad running event yesterday and kept seeing discarded plastic cups from the feed stations littered along the course. Nice!

rob2
    Free Member

I hate people who drop litter. People in the park near me drop bottles, fag packets, sweet wrappers. there are bins there ffs. My daughter of 22 months has started to pick up litter off the street as she sees me do it, and I have to tell her to stop lest she picks up something nasty.

I’ve given it some consideration and I think people who drop litter should have hands and feet removed, that way they can’t leave home and if they do they can’t throw anything. Its the only way.

But then they’ll claim benefits! aghh, the rind!

M6TTF
    Free Member

On an organised race/event I would dscard a cup as it’s the organisers responSibility to clear it up

beaker

In the wood where I ride there are a couple of xc races over the year. It’s always pretty depressing to ride a day or two after the race and see the litter thats been dropped. Gels and energy bars mostly. There are a few dirt jumps that seem to appear over the weekends, the kids leave all sorts of crap behind. You’ve brought a shovel with you, I’m sure you’ll manage a few crisp packets….?

Dibbs
    Free Member

The one that gets me most is people who bag up their dog sh1t but then tie the bag to the fence when they get back to the car park, what kind of twisted mind would find that acceptable?

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

M6TTF … it’s not the organisers responsibility to clear up after you – it yours FFS. They’re not your fuc*ing mum!

allthepies
    Free Member

M6TTF … it’s not the organisers responsibility to clear up after you – it yours FFS. They’re not your fuc*ing mum!

+1

This was an offroad running event and the cups were scattered in fields/bridleways etc.

spev

M6TTF , I have no idea what makes you think its ok to drop litter, whether it be an organised event or otherwise. By your odd logic as the trail at Afan are built for purpose (sort of organised) then litter dropping is ok as its the trailbuilders (or the FC) problem? As its an organised event do you expect them to wipe your arse as well. Perhaps a team of people should follow you to cook you a meal when needed.
    Jesus Christ on a bike! it must be an age thing
    see you’ve made my blood boil again

Cougar

Stopped on the canal on a ride out at the weekend, spotted a damaged tyre lever discarded alongside a half-bottle of Jack Daniel’s (empty). Must’ve been quite a mechanical.

MartinGT
    Free Member

It annoys me when people throw banana skins. Take them with you FFS. So what if the are biodegradable, they take a good couple of months before they go. A sheep etc could choke on them.

Plus, some flytipping gypsy **** this morning dumped a load of garden waste by the canal

MartinGT
    Free Member

Oh and M6TTF it boils my p!ss when I am at the Rugby and some people chuck their cups, empty chip trays on the floor or even worse. Tell their children its OK to do so as they get cleaned up after!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Scruffy dirty lazy litter dropping beggars’ is closed to new replies.