Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • SCROTE ALERT!! Giant Defy 4 Advanced Stolen ARGGGHH!!
  • romster
    Free Member

Okay, so today after a long shift, i come down stairs, open the door to the changing rooms and shock f**king horror someone's stolen my bike!!!

The changing room has what seems to be a push bar fire escape door at the back, and this scrote has simply walked through the shop, into the changing rooms, grabbed my bike, opened the door, and ridden away with it.

It was stolen from JE James Cycles Rotherham Shop today between 3.00pm & 4.45pm (i think), more information will be posted tomorrow.

If anyone has any information that leads to the safe return of my bike then I will reward you in someway (unsure exactly how yet but i'll think of something).

I'm one sick puppy right now, upset and angry – i've spent the last couple of months training hard on this baby, and on Sunday, yes THIS SUNDAY, I was riding 100 miles to raise money for Action Medical Research for sick kids on it, so this has been a double kick in the go-nads for me!

Here's the spec:

FRAME Advanced Composite, Compact Road Design.
    FORK "Advanced Composite Overdrive, 11/4"" – 11/8"" aluminium steerer"
    HANDLEBAR Giant Anatomic O.S.
    STEM Giant 3D forged
    SEAT POST Giant Advanced Composite Vector
    SADDLE Giant Performance Road
    PEDALS Outland Keo Style Pedals in White
    SHIFTERS Shimano 105 20 speed STI
    FRONT MECH Shimano 105
    REAR MECH Shimano 105
    BRAKES Tektro R530 dual pivot
    BRAKE LEVER Shimano 105 STI
    CASSETTE Shimano 105 12-27
    CHAIN Shimano 105
    CRANKS FSA Gossamer EXO 34/50
    RIMS Mavic CXP 22 700c custom for Giant
    HUBS Giant custom
    TYRES Michelin Speedium 2 700x25mm

Extras – Carbon bottle cage and a Cateye Mity Computer with about 600 miles on the clock.

Thanks for reading guys – much appreciated. 😥

robhughes
    Free Member

**** me.from a bike shop as well.
    ****t.

romster
    Free Member

Oh by the way I've had this bike since early February but only started riding her a couple of months ago so she is pretty much in MINT condition too……….only slight mark or should i say scuff on it was on the rear right chainstay, apart from that just general wear and tear really (giant logo slightly faded on saddle, few little nicks out the tyres) etc etc.

Feel sick chaps…….

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

Any information can be sent too:

stforum@jejamescycles.com or cycles-r@jejamescycles.co.uk

Cheers

Cougar

Barstewards. Sorry dude.

Simwit

Sorry to hear about that, it must hurt. If the thief walked through the shop and behind the counter is there any chance you'll have cctv of them?

project
    Free Member

Get your boss to fit an alarm to the rear fire door as what got nicked eg your bike could have been anything else in the changing room, sadly due to fire regs you cant lock fire doors when the premesis ar eopen, but you should always lock your bike up.

Sorry for your loss.

midlifecrashes

Bad news, sorry to hear it. Don't know what size you need, but if a large SCR2 helps with the charity ride you're welcome to borrow it if you're stuck.

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

Gorgeous bike – really sorry it's been stolen, although a thieving little toad on that will hopefully stand out like the proverbial sore thumb. Fingers crossed you get it back.

romster
    Free Member

I'm pretty sure we've got him on cctv but that's getting sorted tomorrow when the police arrive. As for the alarm on the fire door, that's getting sorted tomorrow. Locking my bike up in hindsight would have been a good idea, but you just don't expect the unexpected to happen do you? It's a bit late should have's though although i'm sure new procedures for staff bikes will be put in place tomorrow too. (i'll be instigating that one so thanks for the idea – irrelevant of how hidden away we think our bikes are, some scum bag will find a way). Arrrghhhh i'm so gutted!!!!! I'm praying we've got a great mug shot of this bleeeeeeeep and the police know who he is.

romster
    Free Member

Midlife, that is a mammothly kind gesture so many thanks that fella but i'm sorting riding arrangements for Sunday out at work between now and the weekend. (that's if my bike doesn't turn up which I hope it will do). I'm hanging on to the hope a local newspaper who covered the story of my charity ride to do a mug shot of this bum and inform the local community if they know him, then come forward. I'd settle for this thief to go down even if the bike never turns up. Top bloke though once again i sincerely appreciate that offer, cheers.

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

If it's a good shot, the chances are good. Anyone who would do this is likely to have prior "form" for this sort of thing and will/should be known.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Gutted for you – gotta be my worst nightmare. Fingers crossed they can nail the barsteward 👿

project
    Free Member

romster.post his picture on here someone may know him,with te rear door alarm make sure it is key operated and only have one key, and never leave it in the alarm, a care home i worked for did that, and somebody took the key and nobody realised the alarm was switched off until………

If scrote has had access to staff room, he knows his way around,so other stuff may well walk out.

romster
    Free Member

Will see what the police say about his mugshot and just how far we can use it. Don't worry if we can put it on here then it'll be on!

scraprider
    Free Member

hope you get it back dude.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

barsteward!!!

feel for you fella happy hunting!!

Xylene
    Free Member

Does your works insurance cover you on this or not?

corroded
    Free Member

Get onto the local paper, they're bound to have room for a 'Charity Cyclist's Heartbreak at Heist' story. Hell, try the local radio and TV stations – they've all got airtime to fill and it's got all the right elements for local news: feckless thief, sick kids, upstanding member of local community. Good luck and hope you get it back.

romster
    Free Member

Well – I've just watched the CCTV footage and damn we've been shafted by what looks like a team of 3 very clever, cunning thieves.

We'll be speaking with the police soon and i'm sure we'll have to approach the mug shots from the angle of "we would like to eliminate these 3 people from our enquries" for them to allow us to post a still image up from the footage we have – although we are 100% certain these 3 gentleman worked together to lift my bike from the shop yesterday.

If we're allowed to go ahead and put up the pics i'll start a new thread to see if any of you recognise these scrotes but obviously as i said it will be a thread to "eliminate the three" from our enquiries….

Thanks for all the replies and speak soon.

Andy

racing_ralph
    Free Member

good luck in finding it mate – its shit what happened!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

When i worked at Evans we had a Genius nicked in a similar way, Team of 3, two guys in smart clothes who do the research, distract staff etc. Then a chav who they have found one the street give him £50 to nick the bike and meet em round the corner.

Apartently happens quite a bit.

Hope you get sorted.

romster
    Free Member

Singlespeed_Shep – sounds pretty much like what happened here tbh mate.

Just out of interest which Evans did you work at? What location? Was this recently? Did they have CCTV footage?

Cheers

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Romster whats your email?

simonm
    Free Member

pics pics !

romster
    Free Member

andylivo@jejamescycles.co.uk

Cheers

romster
    Free Member

Singlespeed_Shep, were you sending me something through? I haven't received anything as yet fella.

Cheers

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Just sent you an email romster.

Made a call or two but unfortunetly don't think i can help as mush as i would like.

bigyinn
    Free Member

A ransom note? lol
    Sorry IGMC

romster
    Free Member

Cheers SS_S, top job that.

When the officer comes down at 4.30 i'll have him/her up here to show them your email to see if they can contact anyone over that way.

York & Rotherham are definitely in close enough vicinity for this to be the same people & the job they've done to lift the bikes sound identical!

Cheers again for your help, much appreciated.

romster
    Free Member

Here you go all, these are the 3 gents we would like to "eliminate from our enquiries" – linky

Pook

Get on to Amy Parkes at the 'tiser. Say a biking mate of Ian's put you on to her. She'll give you some good coverage

romster
    Free Member

Pook – Already sorted it mate, dealing with Gareth down there who covered the initial story of my ride, just waiting on the Police to give me the nod to use the pics in local press.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Amy's my sister if you need anything sorted at the advertiser let me know mate.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘SCROTE ALERT!! Giant Defy 4 Advanced Stolen ARGGGHH!!’ is closed to new replies.