Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Scottish Single Speed Championships
  • epicyclo

The 2010 Scottish Single Speed Championships are on again.

26 and 27th of June 2010. Nice and easy, just 12 hours riding overnight in mid summer. We are far enough north that there will only be a few hours when lights will be needed.

As usual it will be run alongside the StrathPuffer Lite, so get your entries in now, because the solo class fills up really quickly. Entries are handled here – pick the solo class in the StrathPuffer Lite and then contact us adminATscottishsinglespeedchampionship.com so we know who's coming.

Usual camping on site etc.

No midges this year, guaranteed 🙂 Apparently they have all frozen to death.

trail_rat
    Free Member

should be there brian – just trying to convince the missus she wants to do it 😀 – dissapointed she got her self on tv @ puffer more than me and she wasnt even doing the event !

We are supposed to be away cycle touring on west coast then – but im sure we can get round that !

trail_rat
    Free Member

oh well looks like the dream is over

work told me today i shall be in houston that week 🙁 holidays and race ruined in one feil swoop

singlespeedstu

I can't think of anything worse than a weekend gathering of attentionwhoring singlespeeders.

tazzymtb

SSEC10 – 16th-19th April 4 flipping days of attenionwhoring singlespeeders, they'll have run out of "wackiness" by day 2 and by the 3rd day they'll have resorted to being sensible bank manager types. Or, it'll be so bad that being stuck in a lift for eternity with timmy mallet, orvil the duck and joe pasquale will seem like a reasonable alternative. 😯

sheldona
    Free Member

by the 3rd day they'll have resorted to being sensible bank manager types.

Already there mate with all the bloomin red tape I've been hit with this week!

tazzymtb

LOL, don't forget orville 😉

singlespeedstu

don't forget orville

You going to wrap him in tape and **** him too?

tazzymtb

No, I hate that duck!

singlespeedstu

You might find him sexualy attractive if he was wrapped in tape.

You ex goths are wierd.

postierich
    Free Member

Good god a proper singlespeed race whatever next!!!! 😯

singlespeedstu

I bet they'll let you just sneak in without paying rich….

sheldona
    Free Member

Orville has been dealt with 😉 Watch out for Ducksai on the trail!

tazzymtb

Zedsdead
    Free Member

only singlespeed I have is my BMX – that would be entertaining……… for everyone else…

thekingofsweden

😀

epicyclo

singlespeedstu – Member
    I can't think of anything worse than a weekend gathering of attentionwhoring singlespeeders.

Don't worry.

You won't see them. It's an actual race. They'll be too busy riding to demonstrate their alcohol quaffing virtuosity.

But it's only a 12 hour race, so it should be easy enough.

You coming?

epicyclo

Sorry to hear that trail_rat. Didn't notice it in all the other frivolous stuff. Is the SSC in danger of being the only real race for single speeders now?

BTW there's a number of riders who usually ride SS entered in the 'Puffer Lite.

The 'Puffer administrators don't tell us who is SS, so unless you notify us at adminATscottishsinglespeedchampionship.com then you are not in the SSSC race.

Obviously we'll do what we can to include anyone, but it's good to know beforehand so we have enough goodies to go round.

Nothing worse than racing for 12 hours on a SS, only to discover you were in the geared race 🙂

(You are counted for the geared race anyway, so you can win that too)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Scottish Single Speed Championships’ is closed to new replies.