Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Scottish CtoC routes?
  • Trekster

Been absent for a few years and site has morphed into a Bikemagic style.. Anyway , there are a few Scottish sea to sea routes that have been posted/suggested over the years. Could you please share them with me?? Cheers…

DickBarton

The one from Kidnapped would be good…there was a website with the details but I can’t find it now…

Found it – https://www.stevensonway.org.uk/

bri-72

Ardgay to Ullapool for the maybe shortest C2C. Or start Evanton/Alness to extend to a bigger day.

matt_outandabout

I did FtWilliam-Montrose from the old school book.

I would do it again, but probably go somewhere with a better finish than a dodgy main road into Montrose, which isn’t exactly glamourous. Maybe Deeside way to Aberdeen?

squirrelking
    Free Member

There’s the John Muir Way from Helensburgh to Dunbar, obviously that’s longer than an actual C-C but it’s a route.

Ardgay to Ullapool for the maybe shortest C2C.

Nope, Glasgow Green to South Alloa is only 28.5 miles if you want to play that game.

scotroutes

Fort William to Buckie via the Corrieyairack and the Speyside Way.

Ardgay to Ullapool and back gives you a C2C2C

rudedog
    Free Member

The Southern upland way – Portpatrick to Cockburnspath

vmgscot

We’ve been riding the Southern Upland Way bit by bit earlier this year… lots of piccies on the thread on here (sorry unsure how to link) if you want some inspiration

highlandman
    Free Member

Ardnamurchan Point lighthouse to Broughty Ferry castle.
    This took us two days just to get to Ft William:
    1. North coast trail on Ardnamurchan via Ockle to Acharacle & Salen. Admire the volcanic Caldera; nothing else like it in the UK, I think.
    2. Salen to Strontian, over to Polloch and Loch Shiel side to GlenFinnan, then we took the wee back road on the south side around Loch Eil around to Camusnagaul to get the wee boat across to Ft Bill.
    3. Rode along to Nevis for a quick gondola lap on the red/Top Chief, then across to join the Great Glen Way route to Fort Augustus. Turkish cafe on the canalside is grand.
    4. Corrieyairick, Wolftrax and Newtonmore. Stay at the Glen Hotel for good grub.
    5. Tromie to Feshie to Geldie to Braemar.
    6. Ballochbuie Forest, bypass Gelder Shiel, over to Loch Muick, Capel Mounth, stay at Clova hotel.
    7. Bit of a zigzag, just for fun: Clova, Minister’s Path to Prosen, Hill of Strone west again to Backwater, east again to Balintore through the wee clash by Craig of Balloch, (good cafe at Lintrathen). Back roads and gravel south to get to the Sidlaws, over and join the Green Cycleway east around Dundee and down to the castle at Broughty Ferry. Eats at Visocchi’s.

intheborders
    Free Member

Turkish cafe on the canalside is grand.

+1

Called in there for lunch when doing the Badger Divide, glad I ate my own weight in food washed down with a couple of beers as next stop was Corrour Station.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.