Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scottish bike show – with kids
  • dh
    Free Member

Thinking of going tomorrow – but, and it’s a big but, I’d need to take a 4year old and 1.5 year old.

Any thing for them to do? I’d like to try the 4 year old on some new bikes and look for one for myself, but as we know kids can get easily bored, and self destruct. I saw there was a balance bike track but the 4 yr old is too big and wee guy too wee.

Anyone else been with kids?

Dave

Diane
    Free Member

Hey dh there’s a fantastic pump track and obstacle course by http://www.biketrackpeople.com

If you look them up on Facebook there are some photos from yesterday when they did set up

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=321072394626537&ref=ts&fref=ts

markyboy
    Free Member

Was there with kids today.very disappointed to be honest.kids had a ten minute play on bikes on track which they’enjoyed.don’t really understand why I had to pay a tenner to get in.what did I get for it.no manufacturers exhibiting hardly even any nice mountain bikes to drool over.no decent shops or deals!.killed an hour but that was about it.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

As Diane said, come and see us. We were busy all day and it seemed like most people were having a good time. Might be hard with two young kids. Come see us and you’ll get the STW cake discount.

bencooper
    Free Member

.no manufacturers exhibiting hardly even any nice mountain bikes to drool over.

Shand are there aren’t they?

iainc

I was there yesterday with my 2, aged 7 and 11. They had a great time on pump track and obstacle course, although there were to many kids on at the time. Had to put name down for a slot half an hour away, which was fine. Watching The Clan guys was good too. The rolapulza was queued out. Was worth an hour plus wandering about and at £4.50 a head with advance tickets through British Cycling was OK value. Was also good seeing Hoy on track although we weren’t there in time to see his chat.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Glad your kids had a good time. That was the first time we had tried that set up and we’ll certainly be talking over how it went and whether we should reduce the number of kids at any one time. Its a tricky balancing act between making sure people get the most out of the experience and letting as many people as possible have a go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Scottish bike show – with kids’ is closed to new replies.