Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Scott Walker RIP.
  • zippykona

Pigface
    Free Member

He really was a bit different, great voice. RIP

DezB
    Free Member

Nooo! Ah this is awful, one of my heroes.
    As anyone who has noticed of the years, in any thread about emotional songs, I always post a Scott Walker, he just had a voice that connected with me, went deep into my heart. He was also a massively innovative music maker, when his days as a 60s icon were over. Made some amazing leftfield music and never hung on to his past, like so many do.
    We’ve lost a true great of music. Only 76 too. Gutted.
    RIP Scott.

jamj1974

Echoing Dez, one of my heroes too. What a massive loss. From his work with the Walker Brothers, through his early solo albums – he was a special talent. Rest in peace Scott.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Sad news indeed. The Old Man’s back again a d Jackie are a couple of favourites, will need to give them a blast today.

bazzer
    Free Member

A true artist gone 🙁

jamj1974

I know it’s not one of the acknowledged best from Scott – but this was a big presence in our home when I was growing up.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

That’s a bit spooky. I was out with the wife having a bimble round the local country park yesterday and she wouldn’t change to an easier gear up a steepish hill. I started singing “Make it easy on yourself…”

metalheart
    Free Member

Nooo! Ah this is awful, one of my heroes.
    As anyone who has noticed of the years, in any thread about emotional songs, I always post a Scott Walker, he just had a voice that connected with me, went deep into my heart. He was also a massively innovative music maker, when his days as a 60s icon were over. Made some amazing leftfield music and never hung on to his past, like so many do.
    We’ve lost a true great of music. Only 76 too. Gutted.

+1 (I always post ‘Always coming back to you’).

What was that comp called again? Ah yes, the god like genius of Scott Walker…

easily
    Free Member

His albums covering Brel songs is my favourite.

I always felt that Bowie somehow got the kudos that Scott Walker deserves.

DezB
    Free Member

Ah yes, the god like genius of Scott Walker

Compiled by Julian Cope I believe. Cope’s a great writer so it’ll be great to find what he’s said about Scott.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Very sad. Scott’s music always takes me waaay back.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Can’t really say that he had a big influence on my own musical taste..but he did have a velvet voice and brought back memories of my mother who was a Walker Brothers fan ..
    The sun ain’t gonna shine anymore ..
    R.I.P Scott..

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Doing some decorating today so Scott Walker radio on Spotify stuck on. Superb 👌

kelvin

I always felt that Bowie somehow got the kudos that Scott Walker deserves.

That’s what Bowie said.

Watch the 30th Century Man documentary.

easily
    Free Member

That’s the most sensible thing I’ve ever heard Bowie say.

Despite being a fan of Scott Walker I’d never heard of that documentary, so cheers for that.

Bunnyhop

Joanna is one of my all time favourite songs.

When you listen to Scott Walker his voice has that extra special something (others such as Tom Jones also have that) and every word is crystal clear.

Interestingly I never knew he became British.

fingerbang
    Free Member

I bought Scott 2 a few years ago as I’d read that it was Anton newcombe’s ( Brian Jonestown massacre) favourite album

Listened to it at the time and thought it was great but not really given it more than a few listens. I’ll put it on tonight

You can tell how much it was an influence on suede’s dog man star, particularly ‘the 2 of us’ and ‘still life’

jamj1974

You can tell how much it was an influence on suede’s dog man star, particularly ‘the 2 of us’ and ‘still life’

Also, clearly influenced Human Conditions, Richard Ashcroft’s second and last decent solo album…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Scott Walker RIP.’ is closed to new replies.