Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Scott Team BOA Shoes – advice /alternatives
  • Carax
    Free Member

Anyone got an feedback on the Scott Team Boa shoes ?
    Do they fit true to size – performance, durability etc.

I am looking for some new light XC shoes, that I can also use on road and CX. Any other suggestions up to about £140 max.

Thanx

nemesis
    Free Member

I have the ‘Scott MTB Team Boa’ and I really like them. They’re a size 48 which is the same as I take with Spesh and Shimano. The fit is fairly wide which suits me well.

I’ve had no issues with the boa though I keep meaning to order a spare (as they’re less than a tenner) just in case.

I’ve not had mine too long (just under a year) but they seem well made and certainly are holding up so far though I have winter shoes for the colder months.

Only thing to note is that they are quite shiny when new – that does fade a bit with use though.

Carax
    Free Member

Thanks – although I prefer the less bling silver colourway

peteimpreza

“I’ve had no issues with the boa though I keep meaning to order a spare (as they’re less than a tenner) just in case”

BOA offer a lifetime warranty ditrect to the user. Just go to the relevany page on their website and they will send replacements FOC if you eve have an issue.

nemesis
    Free Member

It’s more that I have one to hand if it ever happens. They’re only £6 IIRC

BearBack
    Free Member

Be aware that Scott shoes have 3 different lasts,depends on intended use.
    They have the tightest last in their race shoes and a loosest last for their sport shoes.
    I have a Comp shoe (performance last) and a team boa shoe (racing fit)
    I cant wear anything but thin socks in the team shoe, I can wear thick ish socks in the comp. I also have a pair of Elite Boas (sport last) that I can wear mid+ weight sealskins
    Anyway, that team boa is nice and stiff. I now use them only as my road shoe, but I needed to grind out some sole to clear the axle on my CB quattros

kimbers

Last ?

Bregante

scraggy
    Free Member

What about some specialized rimes at cyclestore for £59.99,got some myself they come up a size smaller so go up a size if you fancy a pair.

Carax
    Free Member

The soles on the Spesh rimes look a bit chunky and heavy -are they ?

nemesis
    Free Member

They have the tightest last in their race shoes

team boa shoe (racing fit)

As above, I have the Team Boa and wide feet. I find they fit me really well without causing me cramp which most other (narrower) shoes do so while the fit may be racy (I agree on this), that doesn’t mean they’re narrow, just that they don’t have lots of space for your foot to move up/down.

scraggy
    Free Member

The soles on the rimes are actually quite light i’d say the whole shoe weighs roughly the same as my shimano mo85’s if thats of any use

boblo
    Free Member

‘colourway’ <snigger>

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Scott Team BOA Shoes – advice /alternatives’ is closed to new replies.