Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scott Spark – really?
  • neverraced
    Free Member

Look, I’m probably very dozy and slow to grasp this, but, why are Scott “colouring” the great Spark name by having both proper and e-bike versions, both called Spark – it seems like a crazy marketing move to me…..

tomhoward

Why would one type put off the buyer of the other, are people ego’s really that fragile? If anything, ‘spark’ is a better name for an ebike…

Ford’s latest ‘Mustang’ is an electric SUV, doesn’t look like they’re too concerned about a name being sullied, buyers still be buyin’.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Because they’re bikes with the same amount of travel and intent (XC riding)? In the same way they do (or did) a Spark with 27.5″ wheels and one with 29″ wheels, now they also do one with a battery.

In marketing terms, it makes it very clear where it sits in their range. It’s the opposite of crazy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DickBarton

I think it will Scott people’s interest…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aw naw, an ebike hater being lumped in with the old and infirm!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Ford’s latest ‘Mustang’ is an electric SUV, doesn’t look like they’re too concerned about a name being sullied, buyers still be buyin’.

My eyes feel dirty now. I am unclean.

convert

A mtb with mahoosive lithium battery being ridden through a tinder dry forest and the bike being called ‘spark’. That’s your bigger problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Scott Spark – really?’ is closed to new replies.