Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • scott spark, crack spotted.. advice wanted
  • v12jat
    Free Member

so i have had my 2011 spark 10 in at my LBS for new bearings and they pointed out this crack around where the seat tube bearing presses in.

looks like an aluminium insert is bonded to the carbon at this point.
    dont know what to do really, i bought the frame 2nd hand early this year, so obvs havent got a leg to stand on with scotts warranty process. would people still ride this? thing is i have an early scale frame where the paint has cracked in a similar way round the bottom bracket insert and its been fine for the last 3 years! plus i do really like this bike, its been awesome so far!

or should i cut my losses, chalk it up to inexperience and bin the frame and get a new one.

advise me please…

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Keep going and keep any eye on I say

duckers
    Free Member

Google carbon frame repair and email the pics to them and see what they can do.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Carbon bike solutions.. Just send some photos to them for a quote.

v12jat
    Free Member

Cheers guys, have emailed CBS but would ‘keeping an eye on it” be a good thing to do?

Bump for the morning crowd

globalti
    Free Member

Probably just a witness crack in the thick bittle paint. I had three like that in my 2006 Roubaix and I carried on riding, one was in the fork crown. I Ebayed it ovver a year ago with clear photos of the cracks and somebody bought it and carried on riding it.

v12jat
    Free Member

im half tempted to leave it and see how i go on, i dont use it for any “gnar” riding, just lengthy fast xc rides and the odd mtb “challenge” race!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘scott spark, crack spotted.. advice wanted’ is closed to new replies.