Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scott Spark 27.5 Plus
  • alanf
    Free Member

Does anyone have a Scott Spark 27.5 plus and if you do what are they like to ride?
    Thinking it could be a do-all bike if you can chuck in some 29er wheels with skinnier tyres?

kalamonkey

If you’re after a new bike you could get a Scott Spark 9xx bike

https://www.scott-sports.com/gb/en/products/bike-bikes-mountain-crosscountry?q=%3A%3AModel%3ASpark&text=#

I have last 2018 Scott Genius 740 and would not have minded getting a Spark 940, or 930.

welshfarmer

I have one. A 710 plus spark. I have run it with 29″ wheels and the 27.5 ones it came with. In plus mode the bottom bracket is very low so the extra cm the 29″ wheels give it are a definite advantage. Saying that, I finally got round to setting up the plus tyres tubeless with a rim protector insert and gave it a good ahrd ride in the hills last weekend. Climbs very well with incredible4 grip with 18 psi in the back. Rolls quicker than all the others lads bikes too. As an all round bike I think it covers just about every base.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alanf
    Free Member

Thanks chaps,

I’m not in the market for a new bike despite them being lovely and shiny.

@Welshfarmer
    that sounds like what I’m after, with the option to run either set-up.

boombang
    Free Member

Have one and echo the above, the BB is mighty low on the standard Maxxis wheels but then the wheels are also undersize.

I fitted a 160mm rear brake adaptor so can swap rims between my hardtail and the Spark without brake faff, not yet ridden in anger on the 29 wheels though but BB is higher.

It’s a very easy bike to ride fast, the tyres roll well and although can feel draggy the times are up there (versus a pure XC 29er).

I have always struggled a bit to setup rear shock and even at 30% sag never get more than 75% through the travel, and you can’t take out the single volume spacer it comes with (unless I am wrong!).

BearBack
    Free Member

Consider that it’s not backwards compatible.
    A decent 27.5 plus tyre won’t fit in a spark 29 rear triangle. 27.5×2.6 is as big as an alloy 29 rear triangle will go. (Unsure about 29 carbon rear triangle)

The 27.5plus bikes are the better option IMO and add 10mm to the fork travel too. Sadly they only do the spark in 29 flavor now.
    Get a plus version while you can.

piemonster

I’ve fitted 29×2.35s in mine. I actually prefer it as a 29er!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Scott Spark 27.5 Plus’ is closed to new replies.