Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scott Scale headset bearing advice
  • frogstomp

The lower headset bearing on my Scott Scale 29er has gone crunchy after a very short time and on further investigation it turns out to be unsealed bearings in a retainer..

Firstly, is it possible to replace the bearings with sealed ones without having to replace the cup (currently Ritchey Comp Plus Tapered headset)?

Secondly, the dimensions of the bearing are listed as 40×51.9x8mm.. presumably 40x52x8mm is ok? How about 40x52x7mm which seems to be the Cane Creek standard?

localhero94
    Free Member

Sorry, can’t help with your query but how are you finding the bike? I’m looking at a scale 910 but haven’t had chance to get a test ride yet.

frogstomp

I do mostly XC on it and love it.. it was my first 29er and first hardtail for several years so wasn’t sure how I’d get on with it. A short stem, wide(ish) bars and relaxed (for an XC racer!) head angle mean it’s comfortable but still flies!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    squiff
    Free Member

I am going to replace mine with these. Think there the correct ones

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=62162

triggnology
    Free Member

Hi Guys, bit of advice, I have the Scale 50 2009 which apparently has 1 1/8″ Ritchey OE. Would the above headset from CRC be suitable? Also would I need the Press fit or drop in campy? Absolutely clueless here.

Cheers

strike
    Free Member

Those bearings will fit, but if you want the best, then go for the Hope INA-FAG bearings (which also fit).

triggnology
    Free Member

🙂

Thanks

Would that be:
    http://www.hopetech.com/page.aspx?itemID=SPG187

I can’t see INA-FAG mentioned

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Scott Scale headset bearing advice’ is closed to new replies.