Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SCOTT Scale 950
  • meandyuk

I’m now looking at the possibility of getting a 29’er hard tail. I can’t find any reviews so does anyone have one of these? any good? I’m looking to do mainly trail riding.

Cheers

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I tried one out the other day, up and down the street. I’m 6’2 and tried a medium. My first “go” on a 29er and I was surprised how right it felt. The shop felt I’d be better on a large and I’d agree with that, just a little too cramped on the medium. Full XT and was $2500. Quite tempted but as it’s only the first 29er I’ve tried a little more exploration required. The only concern for me was the rear shock as I’ve seen some iffy reviews. Liked the 3 way lockout but didn’t really push each setting as just bimbling up and down the pavement / kerbs.

meandyuk

Must be a different bike because the one I tried was a hard tail… I’m torn, the Scott 29er or a genesis io id… both pretty different to one another…!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

My bad. Spark, Scale….

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

And at 6’2 I’d say you were in XL territory not M, I’m 6’2 and have always had XL Scotts when I’ve ridden them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SCOTT Scale 950’ is closed to new replies.