Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Scott scale 27.5 size advice
  • ferrals
    Free Member

I’m planning on buying a Scott scale 27.5 frame set. I’m not sure whether to go small or medium. No shops I’ve found have small in stock, medium seems ok, but I’m right between sizes on the chart. Kind of feel like small might be better, I’m somewhere between 5’7 and 5’8. Anyone else with a 650b scale and a similar height ant to comment on sizing?

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

I’m 6ft and ride a medium Genius LT

ferrals
    Free Member

Cheers, thinking I might try out a few other bikes to get a feel for the size thing

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

What do you have now?

ferrals
    Free Member

Got a Whyte 901 in m so quite a different bike. Also I used to find it a touch big. Got used to it now but don’t know if a small would be ‘better’

When I tried a medium, they had a bunch of spacers under the stem which I’d remove some/all of, am I right in thinking that would increase the effective reach?

tom200

I’m 5″11 and ride a medium scale 960, it’s a bit too small.

GJP
    Free Member

I am the same height as you and have both a 26 and 27.5 scale both in medium. A small would be way too small for me. I have short legs and long arms.

ferrals
    Free Member

Thanks GJP – do you know what are you leg/arm lengths? I have shortish legs too, 29in trouser leg, and my arms are I think average (fist to shoulder 24in

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Scott scale 27.5 size advice’ is closed to new replies.