• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Scott Hutchison / Frightened Rabbit still missing – Edinburgh area
  • joeydeacon
    Free Member

Couldn’t see a thread for this, but he’s been missing for quite a while after leaving some worrying tweets, Police have his mobile.. is believed to be in the Edinburgh area if anyone spots him.. last seen in South Queensferry which is worrying close to the Forth (if anyone follows his music)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44055054

Hope he turns up safe, he’s one of the greatest song writers and lyricists ever IMO.. has helped a lot of people (including me) through tough times with his music..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, worryingly close to the bridge as you say, hopefully not though, fingers crossed. Great band, for what it’s worth…

somafunk

Yeah i’ve been following his disappearance which is unnerving given his battles over the years with illness, I so hope he’s found safe & well somewhere. A very talented musician indeed.

somafunk

Oops, sorry….the track i posted is merely my fav frightened rabbit track and it appears to be in bad taste given the circumstances

legend
    Free Member

Not really bad taste imo, pretty certain it’s the track the OP was alluding to anyway

DezB
    Free Member

Not really bad taste imo

No, quite moving in the circumstances really.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

TBF it’s pretty difficult to find an upbeat Frabbit track, they’re mainly about heartbreak/depression/suicide etc.. Swim is one of the happier ones musically at least.. the one I was referring to is called Floating in the Forth..

legend
    Free Member

Oh yeah, that one too 😕

bigjim

I’ve never really listened to them but they’re very good aren’t they. I hope he’s found and needed some help but if not I hope he’s found peace.

Northwind

Yeah, I missed the boat on Frightened Rabbit but i’ve seen Scott perform solo twice- last time in London supporting the Hold Steady, where he was awesome, but also was joking and bantering away with the audience and generally a picture of happiness and confidence. But you never know what’s underneath. Really hope he’s OK.

funkmasterp

Hope he shows up happy and well soon. A really great band

wallop

They found a body 😢

theotherjonv

Body found 🙁

Don’t know the band, but depression sucks.

trademark
    Free Member
    rone

Shit.

Was working with a good friend/band member of his yesterday.

dmck16
    Free Member

Devastating news, especially poignant considering both the circumstances and his music. A local lad too.

His rawness and honesty really struck a chord when going through a tough time myself a few years ago, played an important part in getting me through.

We can try and be glad that he is no longer suffering.

novaswift
    Free Member

Horrible news. I’ve seen FR a few times over the years , a great band . Thinking of his family and friends .

ChrisL

I’d never listened to Frightened Rabbit before but I saw Scott at the same London show as Northwind and he was very good. That was only a couple of months ago, this is tragic news.

fasthaggis

Sad news ,been dreading this since he went missing.

One of my favourite bands. RIP  🙁

Dolcered

Awful.  A fave for us too since we saw them as a support band for Biffy.

Caught the words of ‘You can’t find love in…….”, did that guy just say what I think he did, 🙂 fans ever since.

DezB
    Free Member

That’s really sad. Awfully prophetic songs mentioned earlier in the thread.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Scott Hutchison / Frightened Rabbit still missing – Edinburgh area’ is closed to new replies.