• This topic has 19 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Earl.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Scott Genius 720 Plus 2016
  • Earl
    Free Member

Anybody ridden one of these?

On sale at Start cycles at the mo – looks like a bargain to me.

beanie
    Free Member

Not the 720 but the 710, I picked one up from Westbrook cycles in the sale for £1800. I really like it as the bigger tyre climbs well and handles really well going down hill. It monster trucks over thing a bit but I like that coming from motorcycle enduros. I like mine but I would say ride a plus tyre bike before hand to see what you think. If you buy one check the air in both ends of the suspension as when it go mine it was so soft I was hitting the pedals on the floor. I set the sag right and it rides lovely now.

Earl
    Free Member

benie – do you use the 2 bb positions? or it a gimmick?

beanie
    Free Member

I have left it as it came so not played with that yet. Now it’s set up not sure I would need to change it.

beanie
    Free Member

It’s a lot of bike for the money if you get one in the sale. I had a 920 before this

Earl
    Free Member

Your carbon 710 for what you paid is incredible.

I had told myself that my next bike would be carbon but then this came up and I seam to be a bit of a Scott fan boy.

And just when I’m really starting to get on with my Cannondale Trigger – grr…

beanie
    Free Member

Mine was down to £2000 in the sale then they had 10% off all bikes for the tour de France. Always worth a call to see if they would match it as I only got mine 4 weeks ago.

geoffj

Excellent deal that. Thanks for the heads up.

lustyd
    Free Member

I have the 700 plus tuned frame with custom build and it’s an amazing bike. Slower than my Scale on most terrain but way more fun! I wouldn’t hesitate with one of these

BearBack
    Free Member

You can throw regular tyres on the plus bike so dont just catagorise it as such.. theres not much difference in actual tyre height with the 2.8 nobby nic.RR combo (which I liked a lot as a tyre pairing) and a decent volume ‘regular’ trail tyre.
    Boost spacing though if you didn’t want the 40mm rims you’d need another wheelset if you did skip the plus thing.
    I really enjoyed the current/outgoing Genius platform. Worked very both well up and down.
    The 710 spec for scott is the “need’s nothing” sweet spot. Many may very well have upgradeitis with model Spec’s below that
    (e.g. 1x 10spd vs 11spd, xfusion hilo vs reverb, slx vs xt spec, dpsvs evol air can)

geoffj

Extra 10% off using ATHLETICS10

Even better deal!

russyh
    Free Member

Code doesn’t work?

johnnystorm

Can’t get the 10% code to work….not that it isn’t a good deal anyway!

geoffj

Sorry, code expired at midnight last night

lustyd
    Free Member

@BearBack why on earth would you put little tyres on it? The plus ones ride so well on this bike I’d just leave it as is and have some fun. I went really, really out of my way to get proper big DT rims when I built mine and don’t regret it at all, the grip is phenominal (although not as good as the Big Ed with 4.8’s admittedly!!)

BearBack
    Free Member

I’m all for plus tyres.. aside from the garbage 3.0 Specialized Purgatory grids on my Scale plus right now.
    I run both 29 and 27.5+ on that bike but my Spark plus has been 29 only since I built it.
    What I’m saying is that its an option to run more familiar tyres and the genius platform is superb.. plus or not.
    You’d not only be buying a plus bike.

geoffj

BIKE10 code should now work to take 10% off the price

And it works because I’ve just ordered 😀

Earl
    Free Member

me too!!!!! 🙂

russyh
    Free Member

My mate has just ordered the tunes model…absolute bargain he seems to think. He now has a lightly used (3 times) 710 plus genius carbon for sale! The lunatic loved it so much he has upgraded! Think he wants £1900 if that’s any good for anyone in medium

Earl
    Free Member

Just got mine – 5 min spin around the park. As the 9y girl in me would say ‘OMG!’. That’s without touching the tyre or suspension pressures yet.

Proper ride and on trail tuning session tonight.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Scott Genius 720 Plus 2016’ is closed to new replies.