Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Scott Genius
  • dyls

Does anyone have a recent Scott Genius and how do you find it? I’m looking to consolidate my full suspension bikes to one and I like the look of the twinlock as well.

There are some good deals on the 2019 model at the minute, although the 2019 models have fox 34 forks, whereas the 2020 models have the fox 36.

BearBack
    Free Member

Been on scott since 2006. Always jumped around between bikes in the range but the one that I regret selling the most was my 2018 Genius Tuned. It was absolutely the best bike I’ve had.
    Was on a Ransom tuned this year but in hindsight the Genius was the better bike for my application and I could trail ride it, BC XC race it, Whistler bike park laps with the kids etc. It was the perfect bike. The Ransom is astonishing but goes faster than I can ride it and gets me in trouble 😉
    I’ll be back on a Genius again next year for trail riding.

In 2018 it was just the Tuned bike that had a 36, last year was all 34 because the Ransom was the 36 bike, this year just the 900/910. 2020 920 and below are 34 afaik.

Wife has a colour concept Genius tuned.. its a keeper!
    Genius

andrewh
    Free Member

Had a test ride on one and hated it, the top tube was way too short for me.
    Also had a test ride on a Spark, best climbing bike I’ve ever riden but the wheelbase is massive and it doesn’t like the twisty stuff.
    I do however have a Plasma and love it (which was why I tried the above when looking for a new bikes) So, as always, test ride, even if you are familair with manufacturer. But sorry, not got one you can have a go on.

dyls

ok thanks, will see if I can test one first.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Scott Genius’ is closed to new replies.