Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Scotland Team (Six Nations content)
  • TheSanityAssassin

TandemJeremy – Member
    Godman is the best we have got and the best I have seen in a scotland shirt for years.

We? We?

Oi, Trampy McFakejock, you’re English, you senile old bugger.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PMSL @

Trampy McFakejock,

beinbhan

Ever since Bill Mclaren retired there has been no decent rugby commentator

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Bill Mclaren was ace, like the Murray Walker of Rugby!

molgrips
    Free Member

The only thing shorter in Wales than Davies is your memory of the rest of the 5N having to simply put their tea ladies, physios, coach drivers in opposing shirts to beat your sorry asses back up the valleys.

Believe me, I haven’t forgotten. Hence sympathy for England as outlined above.

The above ‘patronising’ comments weren’t really a considered critique of international rugby. Lord knows I really know bugger all about the game and can’t really make in-depth conversation about the teams. The thing is, when one has no real attachment to either side involved in a game but still wishes to watch, one can only choose which side to support for the most specious of reasons. And the fact that the Irish have tried hard for a while without winning recently is appealing to me.

And I think Davies is the best commentator/pundit out there by a mile. I could listen to him all day, mostly because he really knows about rugby. I also like Austin Healy with the actual in-game tactical analysis…

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

You say you like Davies because he really knows his rugby.
    But you say earlier that you know nothing about it?

You like him because you don’t realise he is talking bollocks.

I don’t mind him that much, he’s not as good as Moore and still better than Guscott.

Charvis’s indepth analysis was hilarious though,

toby1

I’m just hoping to see less unconcious and vomitting Scots this weekend (on the pitch for once too :P) joke, joke, calm down.

Should a good weekend, and undoubtedly a nailbiter or disappointment for the English amungst us.

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

It should be a cracking weekend actually, I’m looking forward to seeing what the Evans brothers can do, try and get some life into the Scottish backs.

My predictions…

Scotland beat france by 5
    Wales thump England by 20
    Ireland beat Italy by 15…

Time will tell.

And the boakin that you speak of… Webster is English, he couldn’t get a game for them. And he shouldn’t get a game for us either.

anagallis_arvensis

quote]You know the one that was won off the boot of Mr made of Glass?[/quote]

Gavin Henson has never played in a world cup…..

sporting god:

my sporting hero[

anagallis_arvensis

2.28 “We thought the ball was a pie”

4.38 forgets who he’s playing next week!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just how chilled out is Adam in that interview! 😆

Maybe we thought the ball was a pie

😆

anagallis_arvensis

I think the interview goes on a little too long for him, you can see him really concentrating at the start but towards the end he looses it forgetting who hes playing next week, saying they were having a day off, rather than doing video analysis and then cant quite remember what that stuff I need to drink is, fluids Adam fluids.

The guy is fantastic, he’s also become a very good player despite having been a figure of fun by many in the english media for many years.

He’s also I would say the most important player in the wales squad, there are no other tighthead props worth the name available to wales.

anagallis_arvensis

kevonakona
    Free Member

Most disappointing commentary of teh w/e was from Colin Charvis. He could only see the welsh back row and seemed to re-inforce the “forwards, they’re not very bright and only speak in grunts” stereotype.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

What a suprise, a thread mentioning Scotland and the forum’s preferred breed of plastic jock turns up.
    Love,
    sootyandjim, jocklish mongrel.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

there are no other tighthead props worth the name available to wales.

If only my ribs hadn’t given up the ghost, things could well have been different! 😉

Adam’s a fine player and you’re right, he’s worked very hard to become the athlete he is today (As has Duncan, albeit injured at the mo)

molgrips
    Free Member

You say you like Davies because he really knows his rugby.
    But you say earlier that you know nothing about it?

Well I do know a bit about it. And what I meant was, whereas the others just waffle about stuff that’s obvious, Davies points out stuff that isn’t at all obvious and clearly displays knowledge of the game and insight in doing so. That’s why I like Healy with the video recorder too – shows stuff that the armchair pundit doesn’t or can’t see when watching the coverage normally.

anagallis_arvensis

I liked Charvis for his ineptness and the fact that as he said before the game he was only there for a free ticket.

genesis
    Free Member

I work for Sale Sharks and it ain’t good news for us in the Premiership with so many players called for Six Nations duty!

anagallis_arvensis

so thats was why they were “rotating” Dwyane then?

anagallis_arvensis

any chance you can get Chabals autograph for me girlfriend then?

genesis
    Free Member

Email in profile, after anything specific getting signed? Depending where you are why not come see a game… mail me 😉

The-Beard

I just read this on the BBc websh*te about England’s preperation for Saturday:

Despite the renewed impetus to cut their penalty count, England have been training with 14 men this week in case they find themselves a man down against Wales.

Who was it who said Wales by 20? I’d say Wales by 30…

DezB
    Free Member

Saturday certainly is going to make for painful watching. I think I’ll go out on me bike instead.

donald
    Free Member

after anything specific getting signed?

She’s not that kind of a girl.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Scotland Team (Six Nations content)’ is closed to new replies.