• This topic has 87 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Woody.
Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Scotland routes — wild but mild
  • scotroutes

Nice.

If it makes you feel any better, TJ “managed” the Ockle bit with a tandem 😜

whitestone
    Free Member

Looks like you got some good weather – presumably the same spell as PostieRich further up in Knoydart. Did you not fancy nipping out to the lighthouse at Ardnamurchan Point or did you need to catch the ferry over to Tobermory?

tjagain

Took my bike for a walk thru a swamp you mean scotroutes?

legometeorology
    Free Member

Did you not fancy nipping out to the lighthouse at Ardnamurchan Point or did you need to catch the ferry over to Tobermory?

The Ockle hike added so much time on I would have missed the ferry, unfortunate but it gives me a(nother) good reason to go back.

The hike wasn’t that bad tbh. I’m fairly used to scrambling up rocky scottish peaks (without bike that is). I may have exaggerated it as the sleeper train left me sleepness before the first day’s ride.

paton
    Free Member

scotroutes

They didn’t even do the whole NC500.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

I would avoid the NC500, too many using it as a racetrack. Four guys clocked at 128mph on there at the weekend heading to Lochcarron.

Woody
    Free Member

Thanks for mentioning Inchbae Lodge above.
    *shameless plug*
    Bikes always welcome and we are right on the HT550 and An Turas Mor routes. Open from 1130 usually, with food, beer garden and secure bike storage if needed.

If you need any more info call 01997 455070 and ask for Graeme (Woody).

http://www.inchbaelodgeinn.co.uk (apologies for rubbish website and pics)

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Scotland routes — wild but mild’ is closed to new replies.