Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Scotland – It's a beautiful place.
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Dundee

My wife got her handbag nicked in the town centre and I got myself a kicking when I was up at a football match a couple of years back.

Handbag nicked – look after your handbag in every city centre.
    Got a kicking – well done. I held a season ticket at Tannadice for a few years and never saw any violence off the pitch, apart from what looked like 2 gays having a bitch fight after a derby.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

In fact, one for the footy supporters (and for thiose who aren't possibly the street you'd least like to live in)..

druidh
    Free Member

One from today.

fergusd

One from a wee while ago

steviegil
    Free Member

Im one of the lucky one's (who certainly does not appreciate it) who live's in a pretty remote area of Scotland(argyll),my job involve's alot of travelling around the west highland's including – Gigha, Colonsay, Islay, Jura, Mull, Coll and Tiree, i take it for granted and most of the time i dont even see the scenery 😐

My photo's are not in the same standard of other stunner's in the thread 8) but here is a couple..

RobGarroch – your homestead is the most scenic place in the country IMHO 8) we went up there in April and stayed in the wigwam's at sand's for a couple of night's and it was fantastic, even the wigwam's! 😆

http://www.sandsholidaycentre.co.uk/wigwams.html

matt_outandabout

Taken on the ride in this morning. Great temperature inversion – was in and out of deep fog and crystal clear, from -3 at home to something like +3 in the fog…

(L-R Meall Corranaich, Coire Odhar, Bheinn Glas, Ben Lawers. Coire Odhar used to be quite a big ski area/base of the Scottish Ski Touring Club/full of snow from November to March reliably…)

robgarrioch

And the weather doesn't have to be good –

I like this one, even though it's non-natural (could make a cracking trail round this place…)

(photostream)

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Love that last one Rob.

Gallery of Modern Art?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

No wait – green fields beyond so probably not in the centre of Edinburgh.

robgarrioch

Stuartie – it's the Jupiter Artland installation in, believe it or not, Wilkieston ('twixt Embra & Livingstone). It was open to public during the Festival, only heard about it on the Culture Show & went round on the last day. I think it's open periodically through the year, well worth a visit.

Ewan
    Free Member

I love Scotland, even tho the place is one massive bog. Photos from a trip to Skye, Harris, and the highlands in May.

Lots more on flickr

robgarrioch

Belters there Ewan – have seen no. 2 somewhere before, no?

dontgetoutenough
    Free Member

[img]http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/the2max/?action=view&current=DSCN1395.jpg[/img]

dontgetoutenough
    Free Member

dontgetoutenough
    Free Member

bollox

DrJ

Bet you wish you lived in Holland, right ?

Flickr

Jamie
    Free Member

DrJ – Member
    Bet you wish you lived in Holland, right ?

I live in East Anglia so its practically the same 😥

……..this tho might have to prise me out:

marsdenman
    Free Member

Have always said we should go see some of Scotland – beyond 'doing' Edinburgh..
    This thread just made my mind up!
    Bookmarked it and sent the link to MrsMM at work 😀
    Thanks All!

epicsteve
    Free Member

I didn't know that Jupiter Artlands thing existed, but will schedule a visit when it's open again. Looks great.

fergusd

This afternoon, from the bike . . .

Archive

Near Loch Rannoch

Loch Ard

FRB

Applecross Peninsula

Near Glencoe

Rannoch Moor

Stirling Valley

Isla

Ewan
    Free Member

robgarrioch – i've probably posted some of them before.

DrJ

@fergusd – fantastic pics 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

Certainly one of the most beautiful countries on earth- every time I go hillwalking there I always end up wondering why I left. Trouble is you can't eat scenery. That's why so many of us have to leave to make a living.

Or you can make a life rather than a living. That's why i stay – turned down many opportunities in a previous career but can't drag myself away.
    Money doesn't mean anything when you have an abundance of natural wealth like we do.

bruneep

From the BBC website

robgarrioch

Badachro Loch / Loch Bad a' Chrotha (grid ref. NG 787 729)

Opinan beach, NG 743 724
    (photostream)

+ here's the great 'Where's The Path?' site should anyone wish to locate the grid refs… 💡

anagallis_arvensis

Barrisdale, amazing place

dontgetoutenough
    Free Member

somewhere near kyle

fergusd

Gairloch

Gairloch

Fife

Machrihanish

Skye

Machrihanish

Finally . . . the obsession with Sheep is ever present 😉

😉

epicsteve
    Free Member

Applecross Peninsula

I took some pictures from the very same spot:

My car's not as pretty so I didn't include it!

epicsteve
    Free Member

Bealach na Ba

Cul Mor

Beinn Alligin

Knockan Crag

Looking towards Knoydart

Tolsta Beach – great motorhome wild camping spot

tony_m
    Free Member

Finally . . . the obsession with Sheep is ever present 😉

Indeed – the last time I went for a ride along the Pentland Road on Lewis, somebody had painted the outline of a sheep on the road, with the words "Murder Scene" above it ( 😀 or 😥 depending on your POV).

Didn't get a pic of that, but this was on the same ride…

BoardinBob

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Loch Laggan

Wolftrax

Creag Meaghaidh

Caig Falls

Achnahaird campsite (sadly defunct)

Loch Torridon

druidh
    Free Member

and mine

druidh
    Free Member

The ferry to Barra

Just one of countless stunning beaches

OK – another one

A Cuillin panorama (click to make bigger)

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Great Glen

Reiff

Cuillin

Orkney

Ben Nevis

An Ceann Geal

davidpurvis
    Free Member

Or you can make a life rather than a living. That's why i stay – turned down many opportunities in a previous career but can't drag myself away.
    Money doesn't mean anything when you have an abundance of natural wealth like we do.

Unfortunately my mortgage company didn't take my "abundance of natural wealth" into account when assessing me when I wanted to live where I do, only my "desperate lack of real wealth".

It's nice if you have both options, but I reckon the majority only have mine. Money means everything when you have the bills to pay.

matt_outandabout

Unfortunately my mortgage company didn't take my "abundance of natural wealth" into account when assessing me when I wanted to live where I do, only my "desperate lack of real wealth".

Hence why I am renting – nicer house and less than my mortgage was, plus I am earning interest on the capital at present…'safe' in a bank or three.

matt_outandabout

And some more…

[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1020/1311377290_9910a0106b_b.jpg[/img]

Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Scotland – It's a beautiful place.’ is closed to new replies.