Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Scotland, Independence and the Tunnock Formula
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Enough messing about now, it’s time for what hip hop people call ‘Real talk’.

In the event of Scottish independence, will Tunnock’s Tea Cakes and Caramel Wafers be more expensive? I’m not so bothered about Snow Balls.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Not only will the be more expensive they won’t taste the same, like “Irish” Guinness…safactinnit

+1 on the Snowballs thing.

ninfan
    Free Member

No, there would have to be a reciprocal tax agreement, or else their entire nation would be bankrupted by a combination of the the Buckfast Tonic Wine export levy regulations 2014 and the Tennents Super (import prohibition) order 2015

wrecker
    Free Member

Tennents Super (import prohibition) order 2015

That would set new records for unpopularity wouldn’t it?!?

Sandwich

How will the Tennents Super (import prohibition) order 2015 fit with The Protection of Rambling Drunks on Park Benches Act 2016?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

There’d be an amending clause of the Drunken Singing on Early Morning West Coast Trains Commencement Order 2015 and the Shortcake Masquerading as a Biscuit Regulations

honeybadgerx

As I split my time between offices in Newcastle and Edinburgh I’m quite looking forward to the opportunity of bringing in some extra cash as cross-border ‘tunnocks runner’. Don’t worry I’ll offer a discount for premier members 😉

Drac

The Caramel Wafers are awful anyway and Ringtons Teacakes are superior to Tunnock’s so not an issue.

ninfan
    Free Member

How will the Tennents Super (import prohibition) order 2015 fit with The Protection of Rambling Drunks on Park Benches Act 2016?

My Precious

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

The Caramel Wafers are awful anyway and Ringtons Teacakes are superior to Tunnock’s so not an issue.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

And where do we stand on the “Its Legal Tender Pal” clause?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Most places accept tunnocks these days

MoreCashThanDash

We’ve only just started getting Tunnocks Wafers round here, you all must vote NO!

Mind you, if you go independent and come over the border to look for a job, Big Bad Dave will stop you getting any benefits for 3 months….

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Oi! Ninfan where did you find my private PoF profile pic?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

In the event of Scottish independence, will Tunnock’s Tea Cakes and Caramel Wafers be more expensive? I’m not so bothered about Snow Balls.

You owe me a keyboard 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

Tennents Super. The most ironically named beverage (this gag is not suitable for the grammar bitches).

athgray
    Free Member

You all know nothing. Caramel logs are supreme above all other tunnocky type snacks.

gordimhor

Athgray+1 Also Tunnocks should get on to the EU for Protected Geographical Indicstor Status because if it’s not Tunnocks it’s not a teacake!

YellowBelly
    Free Member

I genuinely have a Tunnocks Caramel Wafer addiction. Think I must be responsible for over 4 million of the 5 million bars sold every week. They must put MSG in them or something. I currently have 8-bar multipacks in my drawer at work and the cupboard at home. Thank god for cycling as I would be massive otherwise.

Hadn’t considered the effects of Scottish independence on availability of Tunnocks products in Englandshire. Hope it wouldn’t end up with the Scots keeping all their A1 premium quality Tunnocks for themselves, while we only get the Friday afternoon end of shift rejects south of the border (bit like the French and their wine). Scotland can keep the Tennants Super, I want the Tunnocks Super. or is that Tunnocks Supper?

Northwind

thegreatape – Member

Tennents Super. The most ironically named beverage

I always thought it’d be disgusting but one night we got a slab as it was cheap, and you know what? I can’t remember anything about it. Taste test passed!

poly
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke – Member
    And where do we stand on the “Its Legal Tender Pal” clause?

Has anyone ever suggested that tunnocks confectionary was legal tender?

However perhaps that could solve the independent currency question AND be the next bitcoins at the same time…

gordimhor

No there’s a long history of disputes over Tunnocks products poly. Logists on one side , teacakerati on the other, and wafer munchers sittin on the fence. Now as Max Boyce nearly said. ‘Loggy!Loggy! Loggy! …’

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Scotland, Independence and the Tunnock Formula’ is closed to new replies.