• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Scotland, early may. 2 or 3 days riding from one location. Where?
  • nbt

We’re considering heading up to Aviemore for the mayday weekend as there’s a good chance there’ll still be plenty of skiing. As we’re going so far we *might* book a few days more off work and get some biking in.

Outwith the trail centres (and the Sligachan loop on Skye I’ve just found via Google), I’ve little to no idea about routes in Scotland. I’d welcome suggestions as to a good location to stay and some routes we might try. Nothing epic, just a good day out. If it looks doable I’ll be speaking to the boss later

scotroutes

There’s loads round Aviemore itself.

nbt

As soon as I posted that occurred to me – we’ve done a low level ride up to Loch An Eilan and the Green Loch before, but no more. We could even consider an overnighter down to Braemar and back

Or we could head over to Portree, or Applecross, or Glen Tilt…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    davetrave
    Free Member

Shed loads to keep you occupied at low level in the Inshriach Forest or head north over the hills behind Glenmore Lodge/over Ryvoan Pass (there’s a good all day loop goes over Ryvoan from Glenmore).

davetrave
    Free Member

Forgot to expand on the all dayer – Glenmore-Ryvoan-Abernethy Forest/Nethy Bridge-Milton-Badaguish-Glenmore…

scotroutes

That’s OK – but you’re going the wrong way round 🙂

There’s also Laggan if you want built trails. Burma Road. Cairngorm itself. Feshie and Inshriach. etc etc

sweepy
    Free Member

Bynack mor is nice if the snow melts a bit

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Head over to Fort Willy, watch a bit of the Six Days Trial & do Nevis Range?

the_lecht_rocks

high level passs will still be snow bound / out of bounds for biking imo.

nbt

interesting, that does make sense – if there’s enough snow for skiing, there’ll be snow elsewhere too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Scotland, early may. 2 or 3 days riding from one location. Where?’ is closed to new replies.