Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Scotland C2C
  • mikejd

Last Friday my wife and I rode from Ullapool to Bonar Bridge – 60km. This is the shortest coast to coast crossing and is about 42.5km off-road, 17.5km tar. Took 6 1/2 hours including lunch and snack breaks, 5 hours riding.

I've sent route details to OffroadAdventures-Online so it should appear there. Photos at Anny's Bike Ride. They're not in order unfortunately and I've just noticed some from the Dava Way are included.

Not technically difficult, double track most of the way, not too much climbing, some fun downhill. Weather was good, we only got rain in the last mile.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Looks fun – however Glasgow to grangemouth is shorter 🙂 30 miles ish tidal to tidal

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Looks like a good double-day out. The pics help the viewer in determining if they themselves are capable (or not) of undertaking such a feat.

Will have frequent visits up that way available from September, so might arrange an attempt at that if I can find someone to accompany me.

mikejd

TandemJeremy – OK your route is shorter but it doesn't have the same scenery.

MikeT – you could do over two days as a return trip. This would save the logistics of getting to both ends of the route. We had a back-up driver who was happy to spend the day tootling around. If you are really fit and go for it, it could conceivably be done both ways in one long day.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Scotland C2C’ is closed to new replies.