Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Scotland and Clocks not going back.
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

So Cameron has suggested that this may trial may go ahead subject to consensus of the devolved regions.
    What do we think Scotland’s response to this will be?
    Historically it seems to be against such a move, but the Scottish ROSPA believe it will reduce accidents and the NFU Scotland also seem in favour of trialling it, and both Farming and Safety seem to have been the main objections in the past.
    So do we think Scotland veto the trial (perhaps purely to assert their independence)?
    Vote according to the wishes of their electorate? (are they known?).
    Or vote in favour of a possible reduction in deaths?

schnullelieber
    Free Member

Is this the STW equivalent of Big Game fishing?

legend
    Free Member

do we think Scotland veto the trial (perhaps purely to assert their independence)?

I’m thinking that, collectively, Scotland won’t give a ****

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’d rather we followed the Russians and left our clocks unaltered, but then I do live on the south coast…

derek_starship
    Free Member

Scotland is permanently pissed* and will therefore not give a hoot.

*Data from the Office of National Statistics

portlyone

They’ll still be years behind anyway… 😉

trailmonkey

if scotland needs to alter the time for winter then what’s the problem ? doesn’t mean that we have to do it too.

i think other states in the world cope with having multiple time zones.

duckman

Cameron will trail it in Scotland first….Just like his favourite aunty did with the poll tax then? 😈

pistonbroke
    Free Member

I wonder how the Chinese cope with having just one time zone across the entire country? Given that if we are to believe the hype, they work 24/7 for a bowl of rice a year, the concept of day and night doesn’t apply. There must be at least 3-4 hours difference in sunrise-set from West to East so some must be permenantly getting up in the dark or is so much of the industry concentrated in one area for it not to matter?

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’ll be a bit daft here as it will be light to midnight+ but the morning lightness will of course come later – but not late enough to matter to me.

StirlingCrispin

Starting with summer – it gets light stupidly early, and it gets dark before I go to bed.
    So – I’d quite like GMT in the summer (clocks back one hour).

In the winter if I dawdle in the morning I can get into work without needing lights, but need them for anytime after 3:30ish. I’d also like my kids to get to school in daylight (they walk) and to be able to play outside after school for a bit without needing headtorches. The current system is OK for that.

I have no idea what farming has to do with it – cows can be milked any time of the day (trust me, I know).
    I can work happily with Europe at minus one hour or two for telecons, but it would be nice to have more of an overlap with the US.

So – GMT all year then.
    Crispin of Stirling.

molgrips
    Free Member

I wonder how the Chinese cope with having just one time zone across the entire country?

Er well why wouldn’t people start work at say 8am in the west and 10am in the east? There’s no natural law that states you have to start when your clock indicates 9am.

phil.w
    Free Member

There’s no natural law that states you have to start when your clock indicates 9am.

If I give you my bosses number please can you explain that to him 🙂 8)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Scotland and Clocks not going back.’ is closed to new replies.