Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Scorchio!!!
  • bearnecessities

Took afternoon off. Grabbed some ciders, slapped on some factor something and headed into the remanents of my garden for some radio and tanning.

After 20 mins I’m uncomfortably warm and the cider is basically hot.

Not quite what I envisaged… *suffers gallantly*

jambourgie
    Free Member

Looks a bit cloudy here.

Sod it. I’m off to the park anyway.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hmmm, better stick the Ambre Solaire in my bike bag.

binners

Finished for the day in ten minutes myself. Hmmmmmmmmmm…..

bearnecessities

I’d stick it on your skin if I were you.

This is crazy hot in West Yorks.

I actually saw a bus that had caught on fire in Bolton earlier; possibly unrelated to heat, but added to the Daily Express feeling of heat death.

rickmeister

24 degrees in the shade and cranking the fatbike for 30k was a real effort today….

Alcohol frei bier so all day drinking is allowed.

brooess
    Free Member

The views in London are wonderful

fasthaggis

Hyde park earlier

😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Hot up in the Valleys atm, on holiday for a week from tomorrow 😀 (workshop still open next week with Peter here, just not me 😉 )

carlosg
    Free Member

Got in the car to come home after work at 2.30 and the dash read 27 degrees ,it’s brilliant and long may it last.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Garden thermometer here says 27C too. Lovely lunchtime spin on the bike. Nice to feel the sun on my back.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m busy working from home packing for my trip – early start tomorrow…

footflaps

I’m in Utah this week and they’re having a heat wave over here as well, 34C today, 36C tomorrow. Not that you’d notice as everywhere is airconned…..

chakaping
    Free Member

I actually saw a bus that had caught on fire in Bolton earlier;

I just saw a pall of white smoke from over by Winter Hill.

Looks like it’s spread to Horwich.

olddog

Off into Leeds for a few beers with my mates tonight. There was some debate about whether it’s appropriate (for a middle aged bloke) to wear shorts on a night out – but it’s so damn hot I might.

I warned them if they kicked off too much I’d be in a slash sided muscle tee and skinny cut-offs – that’ll show ’em.

kayak23

LoCo – Member
    Hot up in the Valleys atm, on holiday for a week from tomorrow (workshop still open next week with Peter here, just not me

Where you going Loco? Down in Acapulco?

rossatease
    Free Member

Sod it, I’m off down the beach early, sailing tonight..

scaredypants

Where you going Loco? Down in Acapulco?

🙂

rusty90
    Free Member

Hundreds are going to die, apparently

wrightyson
    Free Member

Whilst sitting in the digger earlier with the front window back I actually thought my bollocks were on fire as the sun was beating down directly onto my nethers!! Definitely been a hot one!!!

kimbers

after a week in the cold wet ludicrously muddy alps todays scorching dusty blast round swinley was brilliant- until my rear mech decided to fold itself into my rear wheel and take out a load of spokes

isitafox
    Free Member

I spent an hour this afternoon ambling around a field with a scythe hacking away at all the thistles we have. I don’t like the heat at the best of times so this was pure punishment and now my hands are blistered to ****!

bearnecessities

“Cheers!”

Times like this earning half pay of private sector is worth it; go flexi 😀

binners

If you were within easy reach, you could be the first fatality due to the weather

😉

bearnecessities

😀

mogrim

Thank god for Spanish summer timetables and cold beer.

Drac

Been cloudy up here all day today. 🙁

busydog
    Free Member

I’m in Utah this week and they’re having a heat wave over here as well

Same here in New Mexico–been 32-36C for the past couple of months. Sure wish the summer monsoon rains would come

singletrackmind

Rode 9am – 2pm 39miles, off road today . Was very hot on the exposed sections, but ok-ish in the woods . Car therm read 33’c on start up , but very quickly dropped to 29’c on the run home along the A27.
    Did stop at a pub for Lime + soda and crisps , which didnt touch the sides so had a coke as well.
    Suffering abit now with headache and Im all out of electrolyte tabs so put a tiny amount of salt into some squash instead , and had a tepid shower .

mattsccm
    Free Member

Not that warm in the FoD/Malvern where I went today. 28 degrees max so nice riding temps.

kcal

On weeks family holiday. Been getting progressively better and warmer last few days, today’s a belter. Barely a cloud in the sky, breakfast outside, lunch outside, family activities in the afternoon, back to a really quite warm holiday house..

Beer in fridge so all is well. Have managed some lovely singletrack spins as well. Must look out some photos to increase the smug factor.

Rscott
    Free Member

Got up slapped some factor 30 on as I’m ginger, proceeded to mow the lawn. Went back on put some more f30 on went for a ride. To hot for a fatty like me so went home put some more f30 on had bbq and now suffering. I reapplied suncream every hour and I still look like lobster. I’m now 100% against the sun and phrases from mates such as sun’s out guns out.

alibongo001

Just come back from a week in Malcesine @ lake Garda.

I usually go during the May school hols (with the kids) but had to go later this year.

30+ degrees most days, I found myself on a loop going up the last bit to the half way point on the cable car (20% road gradient) thinking is this fun in this heat?

It was much better a couple of days later and actually in the cable car!

(not happy that it has been nice here when I was away!)

Kryton57

“Cheers!”

Times like this earning half pay of private sector is worth it; go flexi

Don’t worry you’ll get the rest and more back when you take your pension.

bearnecessities

Really? Oh dear.

Ambrose

If you find a molten greasy patch somewhere in the hills above Swansea that is possibly me. 29 degrees this evening. The roads were tacky. Camelback in the fridge ready for tomorrow I think.

bearnecessities

I think I have heatstroke after an afternoon at allotment.

Just went for a quick pint and spotted ‘garage bikes’ female contingency enjoying a mid/post ride drink. How the **** they can ride in this weather is beyond me; fair play.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Scorchio!!!’ is closed to new replies.