Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • scooters are ace
  • lord
    Free Member

just sayin

grtdkad

Aye to that.

I seem to recall Mr Trout being a lambretta officianado too.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

At last …. A scooters thread ! Lambrettas for me personally……. Especially trick fast ones ! 😉

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Here’s one of mine …. It’s a bit nippy as Lambrettas go!

RustySpanner

For preference, I’ll have an S2 streetracer:

and a nice smallframe:

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Never really been a small frame fan…. But loving the S2 buddy….

sugdenr
    Free Member

Word. But Aprillia 4 banger not smelly old skool 2 banger. Just sayin, but not sayin.

oldnick

My GP205 is but a memory, but one day the small frame will putter round town again, 90cc of un-tuned reliability 🙂

I like how the pipe is routed on the S2, and Paul’s looks serious. Any photos of it in action?

supertune205
    Free Member
    yunki
    Free Member

I remember when I was a lad back in the 80s and the Exmouth scooter rally was a much bigger event than it is now.. We used to be able to sit in our front garden and watch streams of scooters with their sleeping bags strapped on heading down there, with clubs travelling in convoys, sometimes hundreds strong..

it was always the weird chops and cut-downs that stuck out for me, as well as the shiny mirrored up mod sleds..

scooters are ace

andypaul99
    Free Member

For preference, I’ll have an S2 streetracer:

Very nice indeed

sausagefingers
    Free Member

Here’s mine

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Oldnick…

Action pics

failedengineer

I’m loving that green Lambretta. What’s the power, just out of interest?
    I had a TV175(bored to 200, with a Wal Phillips fuel injector and an Ancillotti can) in 1971. Wrote it off in the side of a Ford Anglia …..

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Power is around 30HP ….. but dyno’s vary and it has shown 32 depending on setup!

The engine has been developed to have a broad spread of power for rideability and is not too peaky like many race bikes are ….

Standing 1/4 mile is 86-90mph terminal speed

its a 200cc piston ported barrel… 38mm Dellorto carb, bespoke expansion chamber, modified crank with Yamaha con rod, Suzuki piston, 8 plate clutch one off, electronic variable ignition.

eskay

Scooters are for men who want to ride motorcycles, but prefer to feel the wind on their vagina.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Whereas motorbikes are for organ donors…

RustySpanner

eskay – Member

Scooters are for men who want to ride motorcycles, but prefer to feel the wind on their vagina.

You never met Terry from Taffspeed then? 😀

Soon as I finish this time machine, I’ll give you a bell. 🙂

Or maybe Pete Merchant – he’s renowned for his sense of humour. 😀

paulmgreen
    Free Member

hardly……. riding a bike fast is easy… bikes are developed to handle well and perform to riduculous speed levels……

Scooters are essentially extremely easy to ride around town etc, and very practical, however theres considerable engineering skill needed to get them to perform to 100mph + levels and to go around bends very fast ….. I always say that riding a scooter is easy…. but riding very fast or racing is extremely hard.

Its interesting over the years how many successful motorcyclists have raced scooters but then gone away quite quickly as they have been far less successful…. its a very different set of skills. However the flip side is that several scooter racers have transferred to bikes and done extremely well… Toseland, Leon Haslam , Tom Oliver spring to mind

Serioulsy I’d say put your scepticism away and come watch scooter racing…… there are some absolutely superbly skilful riders if the British Championship……. few motorcyclists leave a scooter race unimpressed….. I’ve seen many a jaw drop and shake of heads…. nutters is a common description ! lol

Current Championship Leader Mikey Bonnet in action -;

Ex Champion Stuart Day …

Yes…. I think you can safely say thats well leant over!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

There is a guy who comes to the pub we frequent after our night ride, turns up on this Lambretta, it is an absolute thing of beauty, looks like its just been made, reckons he has spent about £9000 on it!

I must take a photo.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

anything up to £15,000 for the most in demand original restored models …. crazy money !

Front running Race engine is likely to be £6-9000 according to spec….. most parts are hand made, modified or one off!

eskay

I must add that I have no view one way or the other on scooters or motorbikes but I quite coincidentally read it on another forum this afternoon and it made me laugh.

Karinofnine

oh! I thought it was going to be about push scooter – I bought one yesterday and it is currently nestled between my feet on the floor of the bus. Photo to follow. It’s SO COOL!

bennn
    Free Member

Recognise some of those, after being in the scooter scene myself, at a fairly young 24 (currently)

Sausage, you’re in W Yorkshire no?

sausagefingers
    Free Member

I prefer East Lancs 😀 but have been known to venture over t’hill now and again

bennn
    Free Member

East Lanc’s!? You poor thing!

JoeG
    Free Member

lord
    Free Member

joe g hahahahaha

paulmgreen
    Free Member

If anyone is around the area this Weekend is the Scooter Shootout at Elvington near York.

racing is over Saturday and Sunday with 4 different distances .

There are road scooters, Straight line sprint, and road race scooters all going for top speeds / times over 1/4 and 1/2 mile.

I’m racing Sunday…. Come say hello if anyone makes a visit!

racefaceec90

i would love a scooter (cannot afford one though).i saw some blinders in a shop window in bath once.they looked like they had just come off the set of quadrophinia 8)

chewkw
    Free Member

I want one …

🙂

sausagefingers
    Free Member

mine’s for sale 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

sausagefingers – Member

mine’s for sale

I can’t have it because the insurance company is going to screw me with premium besides it’s rather dangerous riding in the city.

🙂

drummer
    Free Member

Scooters are ace …rode them in the eighties, and here is myself and my daughter riding my 68 SX150 ( original paint and rust ) in our local Carnival !

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘scooters are ace’ is closed to new replies.