• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by campbellronald7-spam.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Scooter for a 6yr old?
  • ask1974
    Free Member

My little boy has outgrown his scooter and needs something much better. Looks like Grit and JD Bug are good brands but I have no idea if there are any considerations to make. He’s six in July and looking for something that will last. Looks like I need to spend £50+.

Any recommendations from your kids experience?

Thanks.

restless
    Free Member

The 3 wheeled scooters with 2 at the front and one at the back are all the rage at my boys primary school.
    Different makes depending on your budget.

Take him to Toys r us to try out the styles to see if there is one he prefers.

My son has just got a Razor powerwing which is a bit big for a 6yr old to use but he found it by trying out different ones in the shop.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

He will need an MGP next year so you might as well buy him one now. All the cool kids have them, apparently.

Expensive but I’d have no problem using my daughters MGP as it is for weights of riders up to 100Kg’s! I think they do one for up to 60Kg for about £60?

ask1974
    Free Member

Thanks restless, we’ve already moved on from the three wheeler types and I’m thinking along the lines of Grit or JD Bug?

DezB
    Free Member

My boy has a Grit. Can’t fault it. He reckons a JD Bug would be ok for a 6 year old. (It’s what he used to have til we got him the Grit at Xmas)

on the JD Bug

ask1974
    Free Member

Dez, any reason not to go with a Grit? The Extremist 2 looks very well recommended at £79 and I would hope would last years.

DezB
    Free Member

The Grit seems great. Come to think of it the boy has had it for a good 6 months without moaning and saying he needs something better! That’s got to be a recommendation!

Edit: Just thought – his Grit has fixed bar height, which may make it too tall for a 6 yo. Quality kit if it fits though

rewski
    Free Member

Jd bug pro extreme with bolt kit, makes the bars stiffer, also don’t be tempted with with stunt pegs, bit of a pain, grits are good too. My advice is to go to a proper skate shop, the grits I’ve seen have quite high bar rise. Where are you, loco in Eastbourne are good.

looneylunn
    Free Member

All the cool kids have an MGP.

sc-xc

Another vote for MGP, my lad and his mates reckon JD Bug are for kids, Grit are lame. Slam ok but the raddest, baddest shredders are all on MGP. They are regulars at the skate park in Brum so speak with the wisdom of streetwise 11 year olds.

rewski
    Free Member

I think you’ll find a 6 year old is a kid 🙄

sc-xc

Oh yeah! 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Scooter for a 6yr old?’ is closed to new replies.