Schwinn Homegrown (retro) singlespeed build – rigid and very light!

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale Schwinn Homegrown (retro) singlespeed build – rigid and very light!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Schwinn Homegrown (retro) singlespeed build – rigid and very light!
  • bohngy

I might be interested in the frame and wheels, should you decide to split. I’m not terribly keen on singlespeed.

velocipede

20″ Schwinn Homegrown frameset built into a lightweight single speed as follows:

Salsa Cro-moto rigid forks
    M750 XT v-brakes, chain set
    DT Hugi 240 hubs on Mavic rims (superb lightweight wheels with a fab sounding free hub!)
    16t singlespeed cog and Velosolo spacer kit
    Using a rear mech as a tensioner (I only recent discovered the cable set up method for a rear mech like this and I have to say it’s miles better than any of the ss tensioners I’ve used in the past – very smooth running!)
    Easton CT2 carbon flat bars
    Easton EA50 stem (90 mm – also have a 120mm Titec stem if you prefer)
    Titec seatpost
    White Sele Italia SLR saddle (lots of scuffs, etc but a nice perch all the same)
    New Schwalbe tyres

The frame is a large but I’m only 5’9″ and a bit and it suits be although better for 5’10” plus.

It weighs under 20lbs and is a perfect set up for winter – I’m only selling as I need to get a winter road bike built up and I’m on a strict one in, one out policy at the moment!

I’m looking for £250…..

The pic below shows it in a different, geared spec & showing the Titec stem & a different saddle, but gives you an idea of what I’m talking about….let me know if you need updated pics and I’ll sort later today…..

velocipede

Some pics in current guise as promised:

velocipede

bohngy – ygm!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Schwinn Homegrown (retro) singlespeed build – rigid and very light!’ is closed to new replies.