Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Schwalbe Racing Ralph's???
  • Silverfoxjules
    Free Member

Has anyone got any feedback on these babies, thinking of purchasing some, once I've re-mortgaged! Thanks.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Fast but minimal grip, or so I found. Useless in the wet.

darrell
    Free Member

the best tyres i've ever used – they are on a blur xc

epicsteve
    Free Member

Light and fast but not great in wet & muddy conditions. I've got them on my Soul at the moment but I'm finding that as a light, general purpose tyre I prefer the Larssen TT's fitted to my Epic.

tomh
    Free Member

Before i got mine i had them down as overpriced, useless crap. But i now have a pair on my ss and love them, very fast.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Use one(2.25 UST EVO) on the back of my Pace HT, with Nobby Nic up front, and imo theyre awesome. Id love to try front and rear, but at £50 odd a piece, its not happening anytime soon.
    I left them on all winter last year, and no complaints. Obviously no match for trailrakers or anything like that, but for the speed/grip combo, i love them, and not dangerous in the wet like Race Kings.

symes
    Free Member

Great tyres, sidewalls a bit fragile. Has got a bit costly but have bought these in Germany in the past but now the euro/pound exchange rate does not favour.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

RR's side walls are made of egg shells to save weight and split on rocks too often for me.

I'm running on Maxxis Crossmark's, they seam just as fast and about as grippy but feel stronger. Also they are half the price and run tubless on 29rims much better.

thomthumb
    Free Member

2.4s are the best tyres i've ever ridden.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I'm not getting on to well with the ones fitted to my Soul. Out again tonight, only the second time I've ridden with them, and while they were fine in the drier bits (but so would pretty much anything else) they were all over the place in the damp or muddy bits. Ok most that is me being crap but I rode some of the same terrain last night in muddier conditions on my Epic with Larssen TT's and they seemed much, much better.

What pressure do folks run them at?

fizzer
    Free Member

One on the back of my hardtail Nobby Nic up front. Lost count how many times I slid off on Sunday in the Lakes. Useles in wet muddy conditions. Now replaced with Blue Groove/Nevegal till next year.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Fine on the back in almost all weather and when its not too wet/muddy they are good on the front as well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Racing Ralph's???’ is closed to new replies.