Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Schwalbe Racing Ralph TLR on Stan's Arch EX 26" (here we go again! – sorry)
  • downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

Just bought new tyres for my first tubeless set up, now reading all sorts of ‘blow off’ stories with Stan’s EX rims and Schwalbe tyres. Yellow tape is fitted, and Stan’s website carry no warning re: Schwalbe, is anyone running Arch EX with Schwalbe RR?
    Any advice? (other than buy a different wheel set or run tubes)

Thanks

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have some Racing Ralphs on Stans rims (26) set up tubeless. Can’t remember which version of tyre or rim other than I will have picked the lighter version of anything. No blowing off for me though the tyre took a lot of sealing originally and one of them still goes soft after a few days. I run them at 30psi and I am a 70Kg South Eastern mincer so YMMV.

verses

Not quite what you asked but…

I’m running Ralphs (they’re the non-TLR version, but they are being run tubeless) on 26″ Stans Crests.

Not had any probs, they sealed well and don’t appear to lose much air.

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Never had an issue with Stans rims and Ralphs. I run PSI anywhere between 20-25. Not one problem.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I had a 2012 Ra Ra (the one with the white star with the black number 3 in it between Racing and Ralph) blow off a rim due to a failed bead. It was about this time that stans put the warning on their website about using schwalbe tyres. Have since run a 2013 ralph (the ones with the info in square boxes after the name) without problem and the warning has now been taken down from stans site.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Racing Ralph TLR on Stan's Arch EX 26" (here we go again! – sorry)’ is closed to new replies.