Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Schwalbe Nobby Nic and Racing Ralph 26 x 2.4 Measurements?
  • Bigmantrials

Hi Guys

I am looking to run the combination of a Nobby Nic 2.4 front and a Racing Ralph 2.4 on the rear, I was wondering if anybody who is running one of these tyres could measure the height and width please?

I am hoping that these are pretty high volume tyres!

Thanks

Adam

letmetalktomark

I appreciate this may not help …. but he front is a 2.4 the rear a 2.25 and the wrong way around for your application but …..

Mounted on Flow rims they have a good size. Pretty big but nowhere near the size of the rubberqueens

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    br
    Free Member

What rims?

On 5.1’s a NN 2.4 is coming at 50mm tall and 54mm wide.

Bigmantrials

Thanks Guys! I am running 5.1’s, I know rim width would make a slight difference, but overall I should atleast be able to get an idea.

I am just worried that a 2.4RR could end up wider than a 2.4NN which i would not really want, but I do want the volume!

rocketman
    Free Member

On a 19mm rim a 2.4 Nic is a big old tyre, certainly not undersized by any means. Have also run them on 25mm rims they are just massive.

Unless you have good reason to do otherwise I would put a 2.25 Ralph on the back

Northwind

2.4 NN is pretty much a 2.4- schwalbe sizes seem to be mostly accurate. Haven’t had a 2.4 RR though.

Bigmantrials

Once again, Thanks guys.

Rocketman; My reasoning behind the 2.4 RR on the rear is a large volume tyre to try and improve the comfort of my hardtail a bit, yet the tread pattern should ensure that it is still a fairly quick tyre.

If anybody is able to measure a 2.4RR It would be very helpful in my decisions.

Thanks

Adam

skeetsgb
    Free Member

ill resurect this post as its on the same subject as my question.

ive just ordered a 2.4 nobby nic snakeskin and a 2.2 black chilli rubber queen. my intention was to put the nic on the rear and the RQ on the front. my rims are pretty wide 32mm (outside).

do you reckon the RQ will come up bigger still even though there 2.2 ?

i dont want the back end higher than the front. they will be tubeless also.

cheers guys

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Nobby Nic and Racing Ralph 26 x 2.4 Measurements?’ is closed to new replies.