Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Schwalbe Muddy Mary
  • Stu661
    Free Member

Can some one please tell me the difference in the 3 Schwalbe compounds, I have only really used Maxxis tyres so not sure what Pacestar, trailstar and Vertstar are like compared to the Maxxis compounds.

I have had a look through the Schwalbe web site and found a bit of information on the compounds, in a way it sounds a bit like Pacestar is like 70a, trailstar 60a and Vertstar 42a. Can anyone conform this or give real world feedback?

Really like the look of the tread pattern on the Muddy Marys, they look like they would be quite good for my local trails.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Pacestar -> trailstar -> vertstar

Low wear and grip <-> high wear and grip

I’ve not used the vert star but the trail star is noticably softer and faster wearing than the pacestar which itself isn’t exactly a tyre you’re going to do big miles on before killing it.

100mphplus
    Free Member

The vertstar, which are aimed at DH racing, shred in no time at all, not adviasble for day to day riding.

I have Trailstar tyres on my AM, actually Hans Dampf’s, and the wear rate is acceptable wrt the better grip you get than the Pacestar.

Most people on AM rigs go for Trailstar on the front and Pacestar on the rear.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    theroadwarrior
    Free Member

^

That’s exactly what I’m running

rocketman
    Free Member

Pacestar is like 70a, trailstar 60a and Vertstar 42a

That’s pretty much it, except I would go a bit further and say Vertstars are more like 40a Slow Reezays than Super Tackys you can almost see them wearing down while you’re riding.

Grip is mental though – wet/dry/loose/hardpack/on-off camber it matters not they don’t let go

Be very sure you need the grip though they are super draggy everywhere except downhill. Wire bead Marys weigh over 1kg. Big Bettys very similar except more suited to drier, rockier terrain.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Having a Pacestar HD and a Maxxis 60a HR in my hand yesterday evening, I’d say Pacestar is pretty much 60a.

My fat Albert trailstar is much softer than the high rollers 60a

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Muddy Mary’ is closed to new replies.