Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Schwalbe Magic Mary
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Anyone got these? Thinking of getting a set for the summer (mix of rocky, loamy, rooty trail riding and an alps trip).

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve got one sitting on my front wheel right now, ready for its first ride (and the bike’s first ride) tomorrow. I can report back if you want me to.

atlaz
    Free Member

Cheers. What do you have on the back?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve got a Hans Dampf on the back, both are 27.5×2.35, super gravity, trailstar.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Should have one next week,running hans dampf 2.25 Trailstar on the rear

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Got a set sitting here ready to fit , front and rear as it’s rather muddy here.

atlaz
    Free Member

As general tyres how would they be? I’m not a big fan of swapping tyres dependent on conditions so want a fit and forget set.

sparrowcar
    Free Member

Found these hard to find online, where did you guys buy yours?
    I’m thinking of getting a rock razor for the rear, think it’s a good pairing.

atlaz
    Free Member

nextdaytyres has the cheaper version currently

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Got mine from bike discount de , cost about £34 each and £5 delivery , ordered Sunday and got them on Wednesday

andymac
    Free Member

Star bikes in Germany have the best selection. Got 26 inch Supergravity from them. Much cheaper than the UK price.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I rode the Magic Mary today at a very wet Hopton. Brilliant tyre. Just loads of controlled grip, braking and cornering. Can’t fault it for a tough, grippy and reliable front tyre for a trail bike. Well worth buying.

atlaz
    Free Member

Good general use sort of tyre or you reckon mud/wet only?

twohats
    Free Member

Supposed to great be in all conditions.

Northwind

The knobs don’t look that deep? Word from a mate who got his early are “they’re pretty much like muddy marys, except the knobs don’t all drop off” which is pretty good I reckon

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I can’t see why it would’t be good in all conditions. Maybe a bit slow in the dry but that’s about it.

stim
    Free Member

I started running these back in the summer and so have ridden them a whole bunch on my trail bike and my downhill bike in just about every condition imaginable (all over the Swiss Alps, Finale, San Romolo, Trans Savoie). In short, they are superb in just about every situation, especially soft and loamy. They don’t roll so well on hard pack and they weigh a chunk more than the equivalent HD (due to larger shoulder knobs) but they are the best tyre I have used for the type of riding I do. I usually run Supergravity front (Vertstar) and back (Trailstar) tubeless or in combination with a HD on the back.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

twohats – Member
    Supposed to great be in all conditions.

No such thing.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Just fitted one to the front last weekend and so far so good, went up easy peasy (ghetto) tubeless, seems pretty decent like a Hans but with extra grip, i’ll probably keep running it until the trails dry out a little

chiefgrooveguru

Mounted an SG one yesterday on Flow EX rims – pumped up like there was a tube in there. Looks and feels like a beast – same carcass size as the Trail King 2.2 (which is big) I’ve got on the back but huge knobs. Biggest side knobs I’ve ever seen on a bike tyre! Sidewalls are so stiff I’m going to start out at 15psi in our muddy rooty woods. Quite like a Baron with closer packed knobs, particularly along the edges, which bodes well…

carlphillips
    Free Member

I just used the dh v/star one, very impressed over wet roots and mud, will probably get a front for the trail bike soon.

honourablegeorge

PSA – 26″ Trailstar Folding now in stock at bike-discount.de, just nabbed myself one.

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k371/a127525/magic-mary-evo-trailstar-ss-tlr-26-x-235.html

fozzybear
    Free Member

Hi bike were selling them super cheap

honourablegeorge

No stock of them at HiBike until June though

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Magic Mary’ is closed to new replies.