Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Schwalbe G one speed experiences.
  • lotto
    Free Member

29×2.35. Any real world experiences? Particularly interested in puncture resistance.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

They are faster than I’d expect a 2.35″ tyre to roll, good grip on tarmac and on dry gravel/soil singletrack. I’ve had one puncture while using tubes on my commute to work in using them for ~8 weeks (~350 miles), which happened shortly after cutting a corner by pavement at a set of lights that don’t turn green for cyclists in the morning.

epicyclo

I was thinking about a set of those, but I’ve been really happy with the Big Apples.

Have you used those because I’d be interested in a comparison?

TiRed

Only run the 30c tubeless. They are fast and comfortable. Rear is wearing the tiny knobs down at about 1.5k km. It’s a soft compound. No punctures, but I’ve not gone thorn hunting.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

The last time I used Big Apples was on my retired Saracen Pylon8, the 29×2.35 G-One Speed TLEs roll better and weigh far less (better for climbing and accelerating from a standstill) than how I recall the 26×2.35 BAs performing.

The one thing the BAs may have over the G-Ones is long term wear, something I cannot pass opinion on given my G-Ones are ~8 weeks old, I’ve read claims that Panaracer Gravelking SKs (which come up big compared to quoted width) are more durable than G-Ones and good all-rounders.

epicyclo

Thanks n0b0dy0ftheg0at

My BAs are getting thin, so it’s only a matter of time. I will be going tubeless next time and looking for the lowest rolling resistance. Don’t know how lighter tyres will handle the use I give them, but there’s one way to find out. 🙂

The Gravel Kings look too skinny for me. It’s the 2.35″ G-one that appeals to me.

I believe the greater volume of the BAs I use combined with low pressures is what allows me to get off with running a slick tyre in the places I take it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe G one speed experiences.’ is closed to new replies.