• This topic has 25 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Schoolgirl error.
  • LimboJimbo

Mrs LJ has called me at work in right old tizz, saying she’s just done something stupid. She’s just got back from walking into town with the pushchair to realise she left the garage door wide open. All five bikes and my snowboard are apparently still there, so it looks as though we may have got away with it. I’m conscious though, as its a busy through road anyone passing will now know it’s full of scrote treasure. I may have to spend tonight in there armed with bombers.

banks
    Free Member

Have you got a patio?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m paranoid about leaving mine open. I check every night, and found it wide open at 11pm a couple of times.

LimboJimbo

I’m not sure wifeycide is an appropriate response. If there had been less than five bikes left however……

Moses

Anyone passing who might have nicked anything would already have done so, so don’t worry.
    I’d buy a ground anchor & some heavy chain, though, just to be sure

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve come home after being out all day with the family to find the shed wide open after a fettle in the morning. Lucky lucky lucky!

jonk

Left my bike outside after a ride once. Was out for a meal and realised. Good job my neighbour brought it in for me phew!

Bregante

My “]Nosey” neighbour opposite (great old bloke) is now quite used to popping out and shutting mine after I’ve ridden off to work in a daze 😆

konadad
    Free Member

yep. left my bike in bike stand in yard all night in serious thieves country. lucky lucky lucky

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Ensure the outside is well lit and set up a home security camera would be my suggestion.

Houns

Mke her sleep in the garage and you sleep with the bikes

earl_brutus

The only time i ever forgot to put my bike away was the night it got nicked! Lesson learned the hard way. 🙁

LimboJimbo

In fairness, it’s normally me that displays this kind of phenomenally absent minded behaviour so I now have reclaimed a tiny part of the moral high ground for the next time I do something stupid. Which will be soon.

MoreCashThanDash

Another thread title that promised so much…..

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Back in the day my mum left the garage door open for about 10 minutes and my brothers beloved LTS DH disappered.

Not much later I left my Schwinn cruiser in the back of the garage – and she reversed into it. I bent the radiator nearly double but the Schwinn and the Xantia were pretty much unfazed.

njee20
    Free Member

I once came in from a night ride, then left my bike outside with the lights flashing away for all to see, to ensure I drew attention to it. Didn’t realise until I went to work the next morning. Was still there. I like living in a quiet Surrey village!

duner
    Free Member

I live in a rough part of Manchester, one morning came downstairs and noticed my bike was missing. Starting shitting myself that the house had been broken into overnight, opened the front door to check the lock and there it was lent against the fence where I left it at 6pm the previous night! My neighbour opposite who was standing in his doorway having his morning cig just nodded and said ‘that was lucky’!

Garry_Lager

Done similar – off out with the family but had to run back into the garage for something. Head off and return 6 hours later – garage wide open with my bikes sitting there not locked.
    This was in Manchester, but balancing that was also a cul-de-sac, so passing scallies at a minimum.

zokes
    Free Member

I once left my car boot wide open with my bike in it over night. Very surprised when I remembered at 6am that both were still there

tarquin
    Free Member

I left the keys to my work van in the drivers door overnight once. Locals must have thought it was a police sting operation as it was still there when I went out to work.

Left the house unlocked once and left the back door completely wide open on another occasion.

globalti
    Free Member

….all of which just proves that 99.99% of folk are basically honest.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Have done similar; when I was moving my lodger to her new place I left my front door open for about 2 hours; nothing taken. Another time the band had been rehearsing at mine and we thought we had loaded all the gear into the cars; next morning my neighbour handed me a guitar case with v expensive guitar still in it which he had found ouside mine when he was taking his dog for an early morning walk.

imnotamused
    Free Member

I took a boxed frame out of my front door and into the car in heavy rain one Saturday morning. Drove to the post office and came back home to find I’d left my front door wide open! Fortunately it seems that burgers are deterred by houses with front doors left wide open…

njee20
    Free Member

One of our neighbours went on holiday leaving the front door wide open. The postie eventually asked us if they were away as he was just chucking the new post on top of the old!

molgrips
    Free Member

A mate of a mate used to lock his expensive bike by putting the D lock through an object then simply leaving the end of it in the frame clip, so it could just be lifted out. Did this for a year or so before my mate pointed it out.

br
    Free Member

Always best to lock them, even if its a £5 lock.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Schoolgirl error.’ is closed to new replies.