Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • School shooting in the US
  • Wookster

Oh god I hope it’s not as bad as is being reported. My two kids are this age and its just a horrible evil thing to happen Thoughts and prayers with the kids and their families.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Not good! 😐

yunki
    Free Member
    jonahtonto
    Free Member

cheery on here tonight isn’t it

yossarian
    Free Member

Just awful, awful news. My kids are that age, it’s bloody stupid but they are playing upstairs and I’m checking them constantly. 🙁

unsponsored
    Free Member

I had two weeks on a teacher exchange in the states four weeks after 9/11. During my time there the school had to “lock down” because of a guy spotted with a gun on the playground. Thankfully it was a false alarm, but what was alarming was the fact that they practice for it just like we practice for fire.

somafunk

How anyone can bring themselves to commit such an act is beyond my grasp of humane reasoning, normal well adjusted folk can’t do this sort of thing so they must be mentally ill or seriously disturbed is the only way i see it.

Hope it’s not as serious as initially thought but one person killed is one person too many.

anagallis_arvensis

Sometimes words arent enough are they.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just sent the wife and two kids off to the school disco without a care in the world and thats how it should be. Thankfully we don’t seem to have as many nut jobs with access to guns in this country!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

While I’d relish the debate normally, I just can’t stomach a STW bitchfest this evening…I’m feeling fragile enough as it is this week. Jeez, this is bloody awful. 🙁

EDIT: wrightyson, that might look like it was aimed at you, it was just a general comment dude.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Understood.

Jamie
    Free Member

it’s bloody stupid

Yup.

Hopefully Mr Brooker is wrong this time, and the media can hold on to it’s hysteria.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4[/video]

yossarian
    Free Member

I don’t think your comments are really necessary right now jamie.

igrf
    Free Member

Being reported as 26 dead, 18 of which kids, biggest massacre in US history, 20 yr old gunman now dead. Awful tragedy, those parents, i can’t bear to think of what they must be going through.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Just heard about this…am truly shocked by this, especially as the victims are primarily young children.
    I can be a bit blase about stateside shootings, but this has rocked me.

Albanach
    Free Member

those parents, i can’t bear to think of what they must be going through.

According to the news I’ve just seen the guy killed his dad at home and shot his mum who is a teacher at the school…

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Will this be the watershed moment that the US decides to tighten gun control? Sadly I don’t think so. 🙁

dannyh
    Free Member

This is truly dreadful – surely, this time, something has got to come out of this re gun control.

All the crap that is spouted about “guns don’t kill people, people kill people” has to be held up to the light and shown for what it is. Macho posturing and political manipulation.

It is people who kill people, but the more guns there are, the more chance that the wrong person will have one at the wrong time.

It is too late for the families in this case – I cannot begin to imagine what it is like for them – and I never want to find out.

project
    Free Member

20 children, his parents, some teachers and the murderous gunman.

Jamie
    Free Member

Will this be the watershed moment that the US decides to tighten gun control? Sadly I don’t think so.

I know it’s Twitter, but this seems to sum it up:

tails
    Free Member

Think they have some crap in the constitution thing bout right to bare arms! **** ridiculous object to own and yet the world is riddled with guns from Somalian pirates, Taliban and nut job Americans. So sad all the things and people we destroy.

molgrips
    Free Member

Broken mind with a gun. That’s all there is to it. Don’t try and find reasoning or logic.

binners

The world is full of nutters. I know. I’ve had a great idea! Lets give them a constitutional right to own assault rifles!

Aristotle
    Free Member

It does unfortunately happen in this country, but it is thankfully very rare. Gun crime is far less of a problem.

tails – Member

Think they have some crap in the constitution thing bout right to bare arms!

It’s been interpreted that way, but was actually intended to allow for a ‘militia’ to defend the local population at time very different to now. ie. a de facto Police/National Guard raised in time of need, not for disgruntled young lads to go on the rampage at a school, cinema, shopping mall etc. if they felt the urge. The modern spin on it is based on a fallacy. The Police and National Guard are now formally organised. The general population need not concern themselves with it.

There appears to be a sort of paranoia about “bad guys with guns” (and, therefore, guns being comfort blankets for some people, whether it would help or not) and a fear of the government removing “freedoms” (at what cost?).

The only winners are the gun industry.

The ‘tradition’ of almost anybody having access to fairly serious weaponry that makes mass murder relatively easy/straight-forward for anybody who wishes to carry it out seems nonsensical to me.

The fairly similar Europeans and Australasians manage to function reasonably well without assault rifles stashed in the car/bedroom or the legally permitted concealed carrying of handguns by large numbers of people on a trip down to Sainsburys.

I’m not opposed to hunting or sport shooting, and I even took part in it when I was over there, but as far as I’m concerned, the mass possession of firearms in the USA is not a good thing.

stewartc
    Free Member

Is it me or does that twitter post not make sense, Richard Reid (the shoe bomber) tried to set off expolosives hidden in his shoes to bring down an airliner with over 200 people on board, he did not try just to ‘light his shoe’.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘School shooting in the US’ is closed to new replies.