Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • School run rage; report or chalk?
  • angeldust
    Free Member

Just remember that the worst thing you can do to him is be super over the top polite and friendly. That’ll be annoy him as much as anything!

2 possible reactions to that:

1)  He will be mortified at his overreaction and will think twice about doing it in future.

2)  He will think your are a ‘pussy’ and a pushover, and react worse next time as he thinks he can get away with it.

Can’t win really.  Chalk it up.  He is a knob, you can be the better man.  Karma will get him.

philxx1975
    Free Member

No you should have said get out of your little metal box mate. IN RONNIE PICKERING style he will remain happily seated.

Tomorrow you have two options

Run from behind and sucker punch him clean out in front of his kids.

Drive straight over the bellend and just go about your business as if its a favor to the rest of us.

project
    Free Member

He may well have mental health issues, and be suffering from paranoia over his vehicle being damaged etc.

jimjam
    Free Member

v8ninety

lent out of the window and hurled a bit of vaguely threatening verbal my way, it seems for parking too close to his car……culminating in a threat to strangle me (I kid you not) if I were to do it again.

You should have asked him if he meant manual strangulation or a blood choke, trachea crush, corrotid choke, collar choke, short choke, rear naked choke, cross collar choke, baseball choke, triangle choke or other?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d have got back in my car, inched it forward  another 6 inches, got out again, cheesiest smile, kiss blown and been on my way. There’s no point arguing with these people – it’s all they want you to do. Own them with love.

funkmasterp

I’d make a concerted effort to always park in front of or behind his car and as close as humanly possible from now on. Just watch his impotent rage build until he cries in front of you or drops down dead. Some people are just dicks.

fossy

Let the school know.  Our Primary ended up with coppers outside after a ‘parent’ who only lived 500m away, drove to the gate, where a taxi driver was dropping off a special needs kid, and threatened to beat up the taxi driver for making it difficult to turn round.

The school will send out letters and it might make the idiot think, especially if the kids have seen the note !

CountZero

A 12 inch gap isn’t much, and would be an inconvenience if another car was parked that close behind him.

I’ve parallel-parked into a space between two parked cars which left about that between each end of my Octavia. First time I tried it with that car, I’d only had it less than a week, I was rather proud of myself! 😊

edhornby

101 to report to the police, then chat to the school just in case

v8ninety

Okay. Reported to 101 who seem to be taking it relatively seriously due to the actual threat of violence. I’ve mentioned it to the school who have made a note of the reg and the police ref no. Awaiting a call from a local bobby; will probably be ages as realistically it’s not particularly serious unless it escalated. Thanks for advice and opinions all.

Jakester
    Free Member

Arrange with a mate so that both of you turn up at the same time, and each park 1″ from either end of his car. Then casually get out and have a nice, long chinwag until he spontaneously combusts from rage.

Drac

Report him and he’ll be put down as you felt threatened.

v8ninety

😂 and it doesn’t matter if he even meant to threaten me, just whether I felt threatened… bonus!

scruff
    Free Member

I had an altercation with a bloke dropping kids off, I reported it and the coppers went round his house and had a word and put a plain cop car there in the morning.

johndoh
    Free Member

There was an altercation outside my girls’ school last year – two blokes right in front of the gates actually coming to blows. Basically one guy was parked up on the zig zags talking on his phone after dropping his kid off and someone pulled him up on it and he didn’t like it. What an utter arsehole – not only did he feel entitled enough to do it in the first place, but he then felt it okay to punch the person that (rightfully) told him to move.

BillOddie

My wife had almost exactly the same issue.

She parked on front of someone and apparently didn’t leave enough room and the bloke had a massive go at her outside the school gates in fornt of my kids.  Other parents had to step in.  She reported it to the school and the police.  The school weren’t overly surprised as they had issues with him before.

I work in the village most of the time but luckily for him (and I suspect in the long run, me) I was on a work trip in Hungary at the time as I would have been straight round the school to intervene and it’s unlikely I would have been able to keep the red mist at bay.

He knows who I am and who my wife is so now if I get the chance to walk at him, glare at him or intimidate him in any other way, I take it.

I suspect he only likes to pick on women or those who won’t fight back, as he gives me a wide berth.

benp1

Defo report to the school as a minimum, although they can’t actually do anything about it they would want to be aware

plyphon
    Free Member

If you’re feeling particularly Mumsnet i’d also post on your local “Spotted:[Placename]” group on Facebook. Upload photo and describe that he threatened you in front of your kids.

DezB
    Free Member

I suspect he only likes to pick on women or those who won’t fight back, as he gives me a wide berth.

I always found Graeme Garden the scary one.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Not really relevant, but…

in town, there’s a short pedestrian zone.  I was crossing the road just outside the zone when a car (BMW funnily enough, aren’t Minis made by BMW now?) passed close enough for me to slap the roof.  So I did and crossed behind the car.  Driver opened his window and started spouting some form of threats, going to punch my pus or somesuch nonsense.  Anyway, my side of the conversation (and possibly how the OP should respond if it happens again) went a bit like this..

“Sorry, pal can’t hear you”

threat threat

“Nope, a bit louder there, still cant hear you”

tHREAT THreat tHrEAT

“Nah mate you’re gonna have to speak up – can’t hear a word you’re saying

THREAT THREAT THREAT

“Sorry can’t hear you for those cars behind you tooting their horns”

..and that point he left, face redder than baboons arse

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

he’ll be put down

injection, electric chair or firing squad?

angeldust
    Free Member

Don’t you know how to behave around Mini men?

angeldust
    Free Member

I always found Graeme Garden the scary one.

Giant Dougal would probably be quite scary

funkmasterp

Quick OP, strangle yourself a tiny bit before the police come round. Just enough to leave slight bruising. Tell your kids to say they witnessed him strangle you!

Cross thread brilliance right there 😀

shermer75
    Free Member

It genuinely seemed plenty to me, at about 12-18 inches.

Next time try metric?

martymac

@ billoddie

aye, plenty of hard men when they are talking to women.

my wife worked with one, he got sacked for stealing, so him and his chavtastic wife mounted the pavement and jumped out threatening to ‘do her over’ (they blamed her for it, but he was actually caught by a more senior manager)

i was round his house in less than ten minutes, they were at the door as i walked up the path, so i dragged him out by the throat and dropped him off in the street. All i said was’get that thing under control, or I’ll come back’

didn’t enjoy it, I always thought he was a sound guy until that day.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘School run rage; report or chalk?’ is closed to new replies.