Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • School run rage; report or chalk?
  • v8ninety

Left me a bit bemused this one; totally unexpected.

Picking my lads up from school today, just walking back to the car and the chap parked behind with his kids in the car lent out of the window and hurled a bit of vaguely threatening verbal my way, it seems for parking too close to his car. This is on the side of a side road, with me parked in front of him and nothing behind him. I was a bit shocked, and looked to see how much space I’d left. It genuinely seemed plenty to me, at about 12-18 inches. I said as such, but he got more wound up, culminating in a threat to strangle me (I kid you not) if I were to do it again. I took a quick pic of him in his car, mainly to catch his reg, which seemed to make him want to leave quickly.

I’m now mulling the incident over. Would STW;

a) Carry bombers in side pocket from now on, just in case,

b) Chalk it up to experience

c) Report it on 101, in case of escalation.

or a combination of the above?

all seems a bit silly, but it has left me a little annoyed, my lads (6 and 7) shouldn’t have to see such things.

Ben_H

If this behaviour goes unchallenged, it becomes the norm.

tthew

Perhaps discuss with the school to see if he’s got form for this. Then yeah, probably 101 so it’s logged, especially as you have pictorial evidence.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Report to 101. Doesn’t take much time, other people may have done the same and it all adds up to stats which might mean resources are allocated to tackle the issue. You’ve done your bit, reported a problem and can then forget about it.

tjagain

I’d report it.  without witnesses nothing will come of it but a marker will be put on the car for anpr.

I find school run gets the worst driving and road rage

martinhutch

What branch of the military was he from? If it’s RAF, you can report without any fear of reprisals. 🙂

I’d report it, just as a marker as he’s likely to have done it before, and eventually will lose his rag in a worse way with someone.

RustySpanner

Get your children to bully his children.

jam-bo

shit on his bonnet next time you see his car.

brakes
    Free Member

just chalk it up and move on, police have better things to do.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Trip him up at the parents race on sports day.

sbob
    Free Member

Get your children to bully his children.

😆

This thread is won.

anagallis_arvensis

Report it, then own him with bombers if he does it again!

angeldust
    Free Member

A 12 inch gap isn’t much, and would be an inconvenience if another car was parked that close behind him.  But there wasn’t, so he was just being a knob.

Murray

Parent at my daughter’s village infant school punched another dad. Didn’t realise the guy he was punching was an off duty policeman.

DezB
    Free Member

just chalk it up and move on, police have better things to do.

Everyone has. I have, so

perchypanther
    Free Member

culminating in a threat to strangle me (I kid you not) if I were to do it again.

Autoerotic asphyxiation innit!

You’ve pulled.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

A 12 inch gap isn’t much,

Depends if it’s a man’s 12 inches or a woman’s 12 inches

v8ninety

police have better things to do.

Wouldnt want them to actually do anything about it as such; I’m just thinking about potential future escalation, either with me or some other hapless neat parker.

A 12 inch gap isn’t much, and would be an inconvenience if another car was parked that close behind him.

Looked like plenty of space to me, and he was in a mini FFS.

Get your children to bully his children

Ha! Excellent! Unfortunately the boys take after me…

Cougar

Autoerotic asphyxiation innit!

Not if it’s by someone else, that’s what the ‘auto’ bit means.

Er, i imagine.

martinhutch

a mini FFS.

Is that the version with weird back doors? Probably couldn’t put his shopping away.

ads678

and he was in a mini FFS

Aah, theres your problem. Nobody that drives a Mini can park!

I’d just park even closer to him next time, and then walk past the car and take kids to the shop for an ice cream while he self implodes.

psling
    Free Member

Pah, this sort of stuff never used to happen when kids walked to and from school !

I’d have got in my car, reversed into his front bumper then had a right pop at him for parking too close to you.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Not if it’s by someone else, that’s what the ‘auto’ bit means.

They were both in cars though 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

That pic, post on here we may know him.

fasthaggis

OP I think the other driver may have a bit of a crush on you and it was the only way he could think of expressing it.

Next time you see him say ” Sorry,I am not available but thanks for the attention” 😉

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Did he ask if you knew who he was?

Are the kids called ” Ronnie jnr and Ronette?”

If so I may know the guy…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

police have better things to do.

Get it in the system. The system prioritises what the police have to do. It’s what elevates the incident and associated incidents to ‘better things’ (or not, as the case may be).

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I just like to take this opportunity to thank Mini Man and RAF Man….

Not quite sure what the STW massive would have talked about all day if it wasn’t for their bravery.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Try performing an anger nullification mime if it happens again, he will never mither you again.

IdleJon

A 12 inch gap isn’t much, and would be an inconvenience if another car was parked that close behind him.  But there wasn’t, so he was just being a knob.

I agree, especially if the OP was able to park somewhere else allowing plenty of space. It would almost feel like the OP had parked like a dick to make a point.

v8ninety

I agree, especially if the OP was able to park somewhere else allowing plenty of space. It would almost feel like the OP had parked like a dick to make a point.

Ah, maybe. If you’re a paranoid self important nobber I suppose, you’re right.

or it could be that the OP had limited space to park without blocking drives or inconveniencing other road users?

oldnpastit

Why weren’t you all cycling?

Clogging up the roads, polluting the environment with a toxic mixture of soot particles and NOx emissions. Bleugh.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I would report it. After my one proper road rage altercation last year, with threats of pistols etc I find that these **** will only learn if taken down a peg or two. I knew with that one if I’d got out, it was on and I mean fully on. It’s the only way some people will learn, otherwise he will.just keep.on bullying folk!

bodgy
    Free Member

Somebody who actually cycles? On the chat forum?

having a laugh, aren’t ya?

grahamt1980

Hang on chalk? I thought they had moved on to white boards or interactive boards now. Begone back to ancient times with your chalk

v8ninety

I’d bloody love to cycle. But with a 44 mile round trip morning and afternoon, I reckon I’d have to set off before I got home…

cant change to a closer school because its close to their mum, and they live 51% of the time with her.

angeldust
    Free Member

This wasn’t a criticism of the OP by the way.  If the guy in the Mini had nothing behind him, why couldn’t he just reverse a bit before pulling out (hardly a great hardship).  So, trying to think why the Mini man was angry?  Could it just be the inconvenience of having to reverse – the last straw on a bad morning?  Not a great excuse to threaten to strangle someone, but who knows?  Was he pissed off that you parked that close unnecessarily when you could have left him 10 feet, without causing any other issues?  Most likely answer was that he was just a bit of a knob.

hugo
    Free Member

Teach his kid to ride a bike, he’ll never get that back.

Serious answer. I work in a school and they would like to know. Just tell them you’re reporting an incident but not making a formal complaint as without complete proof they can’t really act  but I’d be surprised if it were isolated. Good chance the tool is on their radar already.

And get a dashcam that records sound. 20 quid well spent..!

101 is your call.

Just remember that the worst thing you can do to him is be super over the top polite and friendly. That’ll be annoy him as much as anything!

brassneck

You forgot

d) Park closer next time to truly boil his wee wee

Sounds like a knob, steer clear

bsims
    Free Member

Report to the school and say that he used threatening language in front of your and his children. As said he may have form. No doubt he will do it again and if a member of staff witnesses, more can be done by the school. Some are hot on this and can even take out a banning/ esclusion order so he wont be able to go near the school during school hours and for a set time before and after. That would be inconvenient for him.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘School run rage; report or chalk?’ is closed to new replies.