Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Scandal size?
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

I am smack on the cross over size for a On One Scandal, 5’7 which is minimumhieght for a medium and tallest for a a small. Which way do people go? Rode a medium that maybe felt a touch big but that was possibly modern wide bars.
    Your thoughts please.Not a big air rider, more a wheel on the ground chap.

damascus
    Free Member

If medium felt big I’d go for a small.

They were originally designed as a small, medium and large. They added the XL after so the small should be the right size.

Earl_Grey

I’m 5’7″ and I find my daughter’s small too short in the top tube for me. My normal bike is a small cotic soul. I’d have a look at the reach of both, and compare them to other bikes you like.

MoreCashThanDash

Thought this was a new report from No 10 in the Sunday papers….

As you were….

zippykona

I’m your height and was wrongly sent a small frame. My dropper was a good inch above the minimum insert point.
    I have a medium whippet and jack flash.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Struggling to compare as a apart from a couple of rides on my mates last month I haven’t ridden a MTb, let alone a modern one more than a dozen times in a dozen years.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Well I went for a small.
    Feeling a bit unsure now. It seems OK but I have a nagging feeling/worry. Got nothing to compare to really apart from riding that mates medium that seemed a touch long with a 35mm stem and several people commented on this. I think I needed a small and a half. It could go back as its only out of the box. There is a lot of post showing although, again, maybe it is a touch high. But then as a 60 year old who wanted a MTB as he hadn’t had one for 20 years. What do I know? Last thing I sat on this week was my TT bike which doesn’t help.
    No idea how to decide how to size a dropper for it.

macwhisky
    Free Member

I know this will be of no help.

I’m 5’8″, 31″ inside leg (and older than you 🙁 ).

I have purchased the previous version of the Scandal in Medium, after year’s on an old school 26″.

I have felt that the top tube was slightly too short, but that could be because the bars are so wide to what I was used to, but overall the bike does feels long.

If small and a half is required, then a longer stem and narrower bars may be better as you can make a smaller bike ‘larger’, but impossible to make larger bike ‘smaller’.

( Smaller allows for more technical riding, than the medium, so it will ultimately depend upon what sort of riding you plan to do.

Regarding dropper post, I went for the 150 drop, and still has room to raise or lower.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Cheers. It is a nippy bike I want as, to me, modern bikes handle like Peter Fonda’s chopper.
    I have a slightly longer stem to go on. Main worry is if a dropper will fit. Bit a of stumpy leg me so hopefully things hould be ok although knowing my luck it will be the expensive droppers I need.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.