Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SC Superlight…
  • davetrave
    Free Member

…or not?

Intended usage marathon/enduro racing, Peaks, Dales and Lakes (stuff like Garburn, etc) and trail centre red.

An SL has been a much lusted after frame for years and I’m finally in a suitable position to afford to buy one and build it to the (high and reasonably light) spec I want but after people’s thoughts/experiences on suitability for the kind of riding I’d do. Current rides Scandal 26er with MD100R and 06 Scott Genius MC40. Not decided on 100 or 120mm fork yet, will test ride first before making that decision.

And before anybody starts on the usual off-the-peg bikes like Anthem, etc, I’m after a frame and custom build to get something a bit boutique and unique.

Thanking you all kindly in advance…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I know some one who has been using a SL for about 10 years with out any problems doing all the normal stuff that you say above as well as Trail Centre black.

davetrave
    Free Member

Well that suits me just fine… Just a shame they’re not doing the ano versions anymore as fancied a black one built up with the same finishing kit as the Scandal so had a matching pair of black ano bikes…

What length fork does he use?

benman
    Free Member

Had my superlight for 18 months now, ridden mainly in the peak but have ridden lots of trail centres too. Running 120mm on the front, and the only time I’ve felt that I wanted more travel was coming down the rangers path on Snowdon.

If I was regularly racing on it, I would want a lighter bike. Lots of modern frames with similar travel are much lighter. As a general purpose, lightish FS trail bike though I think its great.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I was like you and lusted after one but found the suspension a bit lossy on climbs compared to Giants maestro system and Turners dw-link.

But then again I can’t be bothered with fiddling with pro-pedal, and I can’t see why anyone would want to.

I bought a dw-link turner flux – the superlight price is too close to sale prices on fluxes which work much better imho.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SC Superlight…’ is closed to new replies.