• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • SC Heckler sizing
  • baronspudulike
    Free Member

I owned a 1997 model heckler, similar to the superlight now, and found the medium the right size for me. However the current Heckler has a shorter toptube at 22.5" but the large has an inch longer toptube. I recently owned a chameleon in medium and it had a shortish tt but I wanted a short tt. I'm 5'10" so has anyone tried both or is a similar height to me with experience of the medium or large that can advise me whether the large would be too large?

scruff
    Free Member

Im 6ft and had a large with 70mmstem and inline post. I would say medium for you.

batman11
    Free Member

Id say you where on the border line for both, santacruz measure the T/T from the outside to outside un like most companys who measure middle headtube to middle seattube so in effect making the large really more like a 23in T/T. I have one and so doeas one of are group he is around 5,11 and rides with a 80mm srem and layback so i would go large frame inline post and 70mm stem thing should rock.

Bats.

cynic-al
    Free Member

6'0.5" here, L 03 model and 90mm stem.

santacruz measure the T/T from the outside to outside un like most companys who measure middle headtube to middle seattube

Erm sorry but I am pretty sure that its nonsence, if it weren't it sould subtract 1.5" from the measurements.

batman11
    Free Member

Cynic-al not sure what your 1.5 is measured in inchs or mm but yes it probably works out around 15mm as near as dame it! giving a 23in T/T give ot take 3mm. But i still stand by what i think lrg would be the way to go with a 70mm stem but only my thoughts…..
    Bats

stugus
    Free Member

I'm 5'10 and have a med with 50mm stem. It is fine, depends how you like your bikes but I prefer mine a little on the small side and the med is just that. I'd recomend having a try to see whats best

stompy

Large here and I'm 6'1"…… always found Santa Cruz sizing to be on the small size, well in the top tube at least.

Dropped top tubes mean you get loads of standover so thats never really an issue. Trying some out would be the only surfire way to find out but I'd think a medium would do you………

Terry-Tibbs
    Free Member

Im 6ft and got a large Heckler, the fit is perfect, I bought it because the fit is just right for me, I also was careful to buy it just before the price drop argh!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Hecklers seem pretty short – some of you are suggesting they measure them slightly different.

I'm thinking of getting my wife one next year for when she's ready to ride again post Baby. At 5'6" her Myka FSR is too small for her with it's 55cm eff top tube. The Medium Heckler is quoted as being 56cm eff top tube – seems quite short…

I suppose the biggest problem with her Myka is not just the shortness but that coupled with how low the stack height is – it's not really giving her any confidence to tackle new things.

(We're beginning to think that women specific geometry goes out the window if you're over 5'4" or something…)

mickasaki
    Free Member

My mediums got a 70mm stem and fits fine. i'm also 5 10. Any taller and i'd go up to large though!

baronspudulike
    Free Member

I'm going to try and arrange a demo through Stif but I was thinking a large frame and short stem rather than a medium with a long stem.

dickie
    Free Member

5'11", on a large with 100mm stem & layback Maverick Speedball dropper post.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Large with a 70mm stem. 6ft 1"

hora
    Free Member

LOVED my medium Chameleon but the large Chameleon just felt dead/unresponsive etc.

I own a medium Blur4x and I'm 6ft1.5.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘SC Heckler sizing’ is closed to new replies.