Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SC Chameleon sizing
  • geolog
    Free Member

Looking at buying the alloy frame but toying between M and L sizes. Current full suss is modernish large and doesn’t feel bargey, but I am right on the border between SC’s height recommendations.

Any experience out there?

Cheers

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2019 one. I’m 511 with a large and it’s spot on for me. I definitely wouldn’t want a medium, mine is nicely stretched out but still very playful. 50mm stem and 820 bars.

Del

I’m a half inch shorter also on a large. 50 stem, 780 bars, and I’d have plenty of room to go to a 170 dropper from the current 150.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

I’m aprox 510-511 and Large for me too, ps. what wheel size do you plan to ride.
    for me i prefer the twitchy faster backend on the 29er,
    although i still have the 2.8 rekons/40mm RF wheelset and i must say its fun and poppy

geolog
    Free Member

Thanks, sounds like a large may be the way to go then.

Was planning on running standard 27.5’s for now. I am a 27.5+ skeptic at the moment, and the convenience of swapping tyres between the two bikes is winning in my head.

Del

You might run in to bother with ground clearance on regular 27.5. they’re specified for 27.5+ or 29.

geolog
    Free Member

All built up. Ground clearance report to follow (though was OK on an urban mtb raz just now).

Chameleon build

geolog
    Free Member

(Steerer to be trimmed once I’ve played around a little.)

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’m running 27+ and 29+, well front 29×3.0 and rear 29×2.6. I think the rear can take a 2.8 just can’t find a suitable tyre. I am undecided which I prefer.

bigginge

I’m running 27+ and 29+, well front 29×3.0 and rear 29×2.6.

Chris, can I ask what 2.6 tyre and rim combination you’re running on the rear of you bike, and what the clearance is like when they are in there? I’ve been thinking about trying this myself for a while now but haven’t been brave enough to test it out with my own money so far.

coomber
    Free Member

Looks nice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SC Chameleon sizing’ is closed to new replies.