Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SC 5010 Rear Shock Volume
  • snapperdan
    Free Member

I’ve just grabbed a load of volume spacers – busting through too much travel on the fox dps, which is attached to my V3 5010.

I just wondered what volume people are running in their 5010 shocks?

How does it affect the bike?

Am I right in thinking it’ll have a bit more pop with less volume?!

For context I’m a lean 200lbs in my gear and I’ve spent many years riding ‘aggressive’ hardtails – this is my first full suspension bike.

I like to get my wheels of the ground and enjoy riding steep technical terrain. Looking to install the largest (red) spacer to get more support pushing into the bike.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Not directly answering the question, but i have a hightower with a similar linkage. I’m a similar weight and use 210 psi to give me 13mm sag. I also ride with a view to jumping off stuff and hitting drops (i have a 4ft drop to flat in my garden). I’ve not needed to add any spacers (other than those pre-installed).

Bet thats no use to you whatsoever is it? Sorry!

snapperdan
    Free Member

Ha ha not really, but it’s interesting all the same thanks!

I run 235 psi in the DPS on my 5010 – managed to bottom it out at Llandegla, which isn’t exactly challenging terrain. To be fair just bunny hopping, pumping and jumping takes a lot of travel – hoping a large spacer will rectify this…hardtails are much simpler….

clubby

Hi Dan, I’m the same weight and was having the same issue as you but went for a smaller spacer. Sounds wrong, but it lets me run a higher pressure for better support, while still getting full travel. With the standard spacer in, upping the pressure solved the support issue but it ramped up too much at the end.
    Currently running 250 psi and the medium Vorsprung spacer.

snapperdan
    Free Member

Thanks clubby that’s really useful – got a full pack of spacers, so I’ll experiment both ways. Need to find a decent test track!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SC 5010 Rear Shock Volume’ is closed to new replies.