Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Saying a proper goodbye to a loved one (bike)
  • stevextc
    Free Member

I don’t use my carbon XC HT… certainly not for the use it was designed and the kids bike is expensive so I decided to dismantle and sell/reuse…

It’s seen more use on the school run (half paved) than trails recently and had a tear in a tyre that wouldn’t fix so I pulled it apart… cut down the bars for the kid… pulled the rear internal brake… and removed front brake and shifters…

I can’t help feeling I owed it a proper ride again (not the school run) … kinda a thanks and goodbye… and whilst fully realising its a bit on inanimate carbon fibre I feel strangely sort of like it should have been put out to pasture like a faithful old horse?

Anyone else feel a wrench getting rid of an old unused steed… or do I just need psychiatric help.
    Perhaps I should have done this when I got the new bike..???

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I felt a little sad lobbing the front end of my s-works enduro in a skip and part of me wishes I’d made something from it but it’s just a bit of metal cluttering up the place.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yip, always regret selling my Niner One9SS scandium. Subliminal machine, epic ride, light and fast, filled to the brim with RDO… and sat in the spare room gathering dust until the fateful day of sale.

Is sad, still.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gunz
    Free Member

I sadly dismantled my Kone Hei Hei this year after 19 years sterling service. The frame is now up in my garage, I couldn’t face anyone else having it.

Yak

Good grief! Get over yourselves. Use it or get rid of it.
    Own up – I bet you name the bikes too….. 😀 😉

Gunz
    Free Member

…no but I might have talked to it 😳

rocketman
    Free Member

I’ve kept the bikes I bonded with they’re in the attic hanging from the rafters. It’s a trip down memory lane I’m glad I’ve kept them.

Northwind

I like to give mine a last ride that sort of sums up that bike. So my Soul’s last ever ride was at Drumlanrig, that was just appropriate. My Hemlock’s last ever ride was an EWS round. My Ragley Ti’s was just yet another glentress ride, but that seemed as appropriate as anything else.

The other point of the final ride is just in case I decide not to sell, which happens about 50% of the time

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Saying a proper goodbye to a loved one (bike)’ is closed to new replies.