Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Say no to proposed increase in fees for Nurses and Midwives.
  • bruneep

Please sign the petition to encourage a review of the NMC and the charging of annual fees to Nurses and Midwives.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/60164

We would like the Government to Review the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) with regard to the fees charged to registered nurses and midwives, and the processes through which those fees are decided.

The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) recently discussed a further increase in registration fees for Nurses and Midwives from £100 to £120.

The fees were increased 2 years ago from 76 to 100 following a consultation that was overwhelmingly against the rise.

The NMC are, of course, obliged to consult before any further rise. However 96%+ of individuals voted against the rise last time.

The Health Committee in their report earlier that year said “We would urge the NMC to avoid further fee rises and to consider fee reductions for new entrants to the register.”

Approximately 670,000+ Nurses and Midwives contribute £67+ Million annually to the NMC

crikey
    Free Member

A shameless and failing organisation which, unfortunately, holds us to ransom every year.

PePPeR

Teachers one was stopped a few years ago, why are they still doing it?

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Of course members could choose not to pay the increased fees. I know my NHS Trust is short of midwives so they are in a striong position if they feel strongly enough about £20 a year – same as the increase in parking fees at the hospital.

br
    Free Member

Its (mostly) wooden dollars too, as they can set them against their tax.

althepal

Fee rise is bad but not as bad as the real-term pay drop every year for how long now?
    Petition signed though!

mattbee

Not necessarily just £20 though, my wife is dual Adult and Paediatric qualified so she has to pay 2 sets of fees a year. Up from £200 to £240. Thieving lizards….

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

As a professional type fee thats pretty normal, I pay more for my profession. Also I wouldnt go asking a doctor how much they have to pay if you think that is expensive !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Say no to proposed increase in fees for Nurses and Midwives.’ is closed to new replies.