Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Say hello to Jacob (new dog content)
  • cupra
    Free Member

As some of you may remember one of lurchers (Bob) died suddenly in September last year. Well as a ‘pack’ we have now felt ready to get another hound so meet Jacob, known as Jake.

Hello All,

I was advised by new owners to formally introduce myself to STW.

My name is Jacob, known as Jake or Jakey. I am 2.5 years old and have a mix of staffy and greyhound in me. My new owners collected me
    from a foster home in Edinburgh on Saturday 23rd March.

I am house trained and have some basic training but am also learning very quickly the general house rules. I have been told that I will be going to ‘school’ very soon. My first night in my new home was cool apart from getting pack leader up to take me out for a No.2 at 5am, last night though all was pretty chilled.

I have taken to my new bed like a duck to water and am enjoying the mix of strange new foods they are are giving me although I’m not too sure about these orange things they call carrots.

The big brindle one called Sally (the other lurcher) seems a bit indifferent to me but we slept in the van yesterday coming back from Edinburgh with our paws touching so I think we will become good pals.

I have been walking off the lead in the snow and my recall is pretty good. Apparently I will make a good trail dog? I will pose for some pictures soon but in the meantime the one below will have to do. I’m sure you will agree that I am a handsome chap.

I look forward to updating you all soon on my progress.

Yours,
    Jacob.

philconsequence
    Free Member

hello jacob!

SIT!

STAY…..

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Lovely dog but this is like when my sister in law sends thank you cards on behalf of her 1 year old son

“Thank you for my first birthday present. It fits perfectly but mummy says it would have been better off being a size larger so I could get more than 2 months out of it but you’d know this if you had kids yourself. I had a lovely party, loads of my friends turned up, we played some games and mummy got pretty wasted. I also smacked Emily in the face because she was close enough for me to reach and I’ve recently become interested in biting people. Mummy tells me not to bite people but given her ‘habits’ she’s hardly in a position to point out my faults. Haven’t seen daddy for a while but mummy says he’s very busy making me a little brother or sister with the bitch from next door.

Thanks again for the present – future note: clothes aren’t really my thing.
    Best regards,

Your nephew,
    Joel.”

cupra
    Free Member

fervouredimage – point taken. Please excuse me on this occasion as I’m a wee bit excited about having a new hound 🙂

martinxyz
    Free Member

philconsequence
    Free Member

he’s not very well trained… every time i scroll up he’s not sitting.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

fervouredimage – point taken. Please excuse me on this occasion as I’m a wee bit excited about having a new hound

You’re excused 😀 . Looks like you’ve got some fun times ahead.

camo16
    Free Member

Hello Jacob – who’s a good boy then? You are… yes you are!

* scrunches ears fondly *

He looks like a fine hound.

RustySpanner

Want one. 😐

Can’t have one till the cat accidentally gets run over by the lawn mower dies and one of us is at home a bit more.

Lucky dog. Lucky owner too 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Lovely. One of those new 6 legged breeds eh 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

And there’s me thinking this was going to be another watch-thread… 😯

theotherjonv

Nice dog. Sadly it’s one in, one out in singletrackpetsworld today 🙁

Little cat decided she didn’t want to be old any more. After nearly 18 years of being a kitten, these last couple of months she has got old and infirm very fast. We’d already decided after all these healthy years that once she went downhill we’d let her go and wouldn’t piss her about with endless vet trips, and we knew she’d given up on Saturday when she refused chicken trimmings even when they were brought to her bedside. She spent all day yesterday drifting in and out, comforted by many strokes from two devoted little girls, and she was booked in for the vets first thing. Happily, just after I went to bed she made her own mind up and saved my wife the heartache.

We won’t be without a pet for long, we too were waiting for the day when we can seriously look at getting a hound, but she won’t be forgotten.

RustySpanner

Oh, god, that’s just set me right off.

Sorry for your family’s loss jon.

Our 14 and a bit year old kitten has been slowing down a bit lately and I’m dreading the big decision.

TBH, I don’t think I could be without a cat now – they’re just so much fun to have around.
    We might just have to get one of each.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

philconsequence – Member
    hello jacob!

SIT!

STAY…..

No, Jacob, he said SIT. Now, who’s going to clean this up, eh?

😉

Fetchezlavache
    Free Member

I’ve just got another dog. Do I really have to get her to say hello? (Cupra – not aimed at you, genuinely asking…)

cupra
    Free Member

No you don’t have to. I just got so many great messages when I posted up in September about the loss of Bob the lurcher that it seemed almost rude not to let those interested know my good news.

Fetchezlavache
    Free Member

Cupra – fair enough, I remember Bob the lurcher now… things are starting to click 🙂

Jake’s looking good 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Lovely. One of those new 6 legged breeds eh

Oh yeah – well spotted! How peculiar!

cupra
    Free Member

Pretty sure he has 4 legs, will check when I get home 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Say hello to Jacob (new dog content)’ is closed to new replies.